hi everyone... i was wondering if anyone could help me with some problems ive been having.
    i have a bb curve 8300 and one day it just went on the fritz... i cant type... screen goes black and doesnt turn back on.. its completely fed up. i tried hooking it up to a desktop manager that i downloaded and runnning updates but that didnt work... i know that u can reformat the phone from the phone but i obviously cant cause i cant unlock it or type or used to scroll ball. ive been trying to find reformatting software online for my mac but havent been able to. anyone have any advice or know where i can get reformatting software for my bb that will work on a mac???

also i have an old pearl and none of the keys on the keyboard work at all... so does anyone know where i can get a reformatting program for the pearl for mac???

anyway... any advice will help

thanks
    05-29-10 06:02 PM
    Sounds like your Pearl and 8300 are done for, possible due to moisture/liquid damage. They are pretty old models as well. Time for a new device?
    05-29-10 06:25 PM
    ya i know... but i just moved cities for work and if uve ever done that before ull know that money is short for a long time so if any one could help me possibly reformat my 8300 that would help alot
    05-29-10 09:06 PM
    You are not going to be able to "reformat" the device and get it to work if you can't type on it.
    05-29-10 09:54 PM
    If the keyboard and trackball do not work, that is a hardware problem, not a software problem.

If you cannot replace the device, you could look around for sites that sell replacement parts and check YouTube for instructions on how to take it apart. There is no guarantee you will be able to get it working again.

Your other option is to buy a used device from eBay, Craigslist, etc. until you are able to afford to upgrade.
    05-29-10 09:57 PM
    Oh my god! This exact same thing happened to me on my way to work tonight. I can't type, select(click the ball) or answer the phone and when I do a battery pull it starts up fine, but once the backlight turns off theres no way to turn it back on. Someone please have a fix! I have important calls I need to make tonight/tomorrow morning. ughhh
    05-29-10 09:59 PM
    ps. sorry for the highjack, but does anyone know if there is any way I can view my contacts from my BB? Maybe through the backups I've made?
    05-29-10 10:13 PM
    no worries man... but ya... hopefully the phone isnt messed..
    05-30-10 09:50 PM
    I just got this 8300 out of the trash and replaced the t-ball
    un-locked it and am going pre-paid thru TMO

maybe my neighbor will thro out his new one also
    if so I'll send you this one
    05-31-10 09:44 AM
    thanks buddy keep me posted lol
    06-01-10 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD