Hi was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same on their 8300? It's on the same side as the volume keys. Is this just a build issue that they have had with this model.

Thanks
    10-11-07 06:37 AM
    when you barely push on that side a little, does it make a little click sound?? the same thing is on mine..but i dunno if it's supposed to be like that.
    dr_pajhiwo likes this.
    10-12-07 02:01 AM
    Yes, when you hold it you can feel for some reason only the side with the volume keys feels a little loose or something. It does make a slight clicking sound.
    10-12-07 03:11 AM
    My 8310 is like this as well. I just noticed it. I haven't had it for thirty days yet, do you think I should try to return it for another?
    03-06-08 02:31 PM
    i had the same problem when i first got mine, but being a anal person that i am i couldn't stand it. so i kept picking at the cover and trying to figure out what was different. turns out there was a little plastic piece on the bottom left corner (on the phone, not the cover). i hesitantly broke it off because it didnt look like it belonged there, but at the same time i didn't want to break my new phone. in the end, the cover fit perfectly and i'm glad i did it!
    03-06-08 06:36 PM
    i had the same problem when i first got mine, but being a anal person that i am i couldn't stand it. so i kept picking at the cover and trying to figure out what was different. turns out there was a little plastic piece on the bottom left corner (on the phone, not the cover). i hesitantly broke it off because it didnt look like it belonged there, but at the same time i didn't want to break my new phone. in the end, the cover fit perfectly and i'm glad i did it!
    I dont understand exactly what you are describing, but I'm definately interested. Can you please elaborate? Did you remove (unscrew) the cover after removing the battery door?
    03-06-08 09:22 PM
    I had the same problem with my 2 previous BB's. If you take the cover off and look at it, there should be 8 small tabs that hold the cover in place. They break off very easily and thats what caused the issue you describe on my other BB's. Always slide the cover off with caution!

If thats your problem, you can find a replacement cover on ebay. Hope that helps.
    03-06-08 10:12 PM
    My husband's curve is doing this same thing ...
    At first AT&T said that that they would not cover it, but he is taking it to a service center next week for repair/replacement as it is still under warranty.

Michelle
    03-07-08 12:14 AM
    My husband's curve is doing this same thing ...
    At first AT&T said that that they would not cover it, but he is taking it to a service center next week for repair/replacement as it is still under warranty.

Michelle
    We took my husband's curve to the AT&T service center today. The guy immediately replaced it & said it was a good thing he brought it in right away because that particular defect can allow dust to get inside the circuits and cause problems.

He was still within the 1 year warranty period. He will have the remainder of the warranty or 90 days left - which ever is greater.

As we have found with AT&T .... if they shoot you down while you are obviously under warranty ... hang up & call back. Many times the next rep can solve your problems.

Also - for anyone on AT&T, it wouldn't hurt to find out where your closest service center is located. Warranty stuff is all they do & they were very helpful.

Michelle
    03-09-08 01:51 AM
    We took my husband's curve to the AT&T service center today. The guy immediately replaced it & said it was a good thing he brought it in right away because that particular defect can allow dust to get inside the circuits and cause problems.

He was still within the 1 year warranty period. He will have the remainder of the warranty or 90 days left - which ever is greater.

As we have found with AT&T .... if they shoot you down while you are obviously under warranty ... hang up & call back. Many times the next rep can solve your problems.

Also - for anyone on AT&T, it wouldn't hurt to find out where your closest service center is located. Warranty stuff is all they do & they were very helpful.

Michelle
    Thanks Michelle, I took mine in today and they replaced it without any grief. Only thing is I forgot to backup my address book and they said they couldn't transfer the data to the new device. Oh well...
    03-10-08 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD