I went to the BB site to see if I could download the Desktop software, and anything else before I set up my ISP data package.
    Couldn't find the 8300 listed.
    Any ideas about what I need to download and how?

Thanks very much.
    05-24-09 08:46 AM
    The DM is not usually specific to a device. I would D/L version 4.6 just depends wether you want media manager or not.
    05-24-09 09:03 AM
    The DM is not usually specific to a device. I would D/L version 4.6 just depends wether you want media manager or not.

I am not sure what the software on the desktop means when it says to enter a pin number for the device. Any ideas about that? Also, it is asking for a password, which I have not created so I hope I can just bypass that.
    05-24-09 09:14 AM
    If I understand what you are asking, the desktop software is the software needed to sync and or back up your device. This is very important so you are not at risk of loosing data.

As for the password question, what are you doing when it asks for this?
    05-24-09 09:25 AM
    I you have not enabled password protection, leave the password field blank.

If there is a password in the device, it will count a one try.
    05-24-09 09:47 AM
    The pin# is the device's unique identifier. It can be found in Options / Status, or on a label under the battery, or on the box, or by typing "mypin " without the quotes in a memo or email entry field.
    05-24-09 09:52 AM
    If I understand what you are asking, the desktop software is the software needed to sync and or back up your device. This is very important so you are not at risk of loosing data.

As for the password question, what are you doing when it asks for this?
    I just downloaded the software this morning. I am not really doing anything with it yet. Just realized I have no sync cord, but when I open the program one of the first things it does is ask those two questions -- enter the PIN number, and then in the box below that it asks for a password.
    05-24-09 03:27 PM
    The pin# is the device's unique identifier. It can be found in Options / Status, or on a label under the battery, or on the box, or by typing "mypin " without the quotes in a memo or email entry field.
    Thanks everyone. I am now looking at the quickest way to get a sync/charge pod so I can start using Outlook with this.
    05-24-09 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD