I have been lurking and searching the forums for sometime now researching my change over.

History:
    I've had the 8130 since about July learning everything I possibly could from this site loading themes, apps, etc and about a week ago it had a fatal drop. I have probably dropped this thing 30 time before on multiple surfaces at different ranges without the bb case and not a problem, I start using the case and drop it once on a rug in the case and now I have a nice crack across the display. Go figure. I had insurance on it but apparently not the kind for replacement, I wish I would have realized this earlier. For $20 more than the 8130 the 8330 looked like the best route of course until that supposed new one comes out for Sprint then we'll see.

My main question is I have quite a bit of apps currently on my 8130 and about 650 contacts, can I move all the info from the 8130 to the new 8330 myself, is it even possible? I currently have everything from the 8130 backed up on my computer hoping I can do this myself.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
    04-12-09 04:52 PM
    Yep just use the desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 05:09 PM
    Also if you use Gmail you can use Google Sync to sync all your contacts wirelessly.

04-12-09 07:44 PM
    Also if you use Gmail you can use Google Sync to sync all your contacts wirelessly.
    I use the Google Sync for my calendar, but I would be a bit hesitant to use it for synching my contacts because I had heard that it gets muddled when there are pre-existing contacts on your Berry.

04-12-09 09:43 PM
    I have all my contacts on Microsoft Outlook so it sounds like everything should sync up properly. My main concern was the apps but is that doesn't work I can always just download them easily.

Researching more I found the site that has been posted a few times that sells replacement parts for these phones. For around 50 I can get a whole new case and other miscellaneous parts to fix my 8130 but I am still leaning towards the 8330. Is it worth the additional 50 to change over to the 8330? It seems like they are pretty much the same phone, can some give me some pros and cons on this matter other than it's just a better phone?

Thanks everyone!
    04-13-09 10:18 AM
    I am sure the question above has been asked many times before although I have not been able to find much on it. If someone could help me out with a link or something that would be cool.
    04-13-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD