Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Much respect for those who have it running smooth for over 2 days. It bricked my bb, TWICE!!. Screen fades then turns white then the pin becomes unknown. Battery pulls? Ha!! . Even during the boot up the hour glass fades and the white screen appears. Sometimes nothing after a batt pull, just the red blinking leds. Oh i forgot, my bb doesnt charge anymore. Hmmm, harware, software, OS? YOU TELL ME.. I SAY .69!!!!
    09-06-08 09:04 AM
    Sorry your berry is bricked. However, most beta users will agree that .69 is the better of the released (er, leaked) betas - from .10 - .69. Follow the instructions on the link in my sig, or, BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com Good Luck
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-06-08 at 09:16 AM.
    09-06-08 09:13 AM
    I've been running .69 since monday and had no problems. Reload it and try again. I'd download it from somewhere else this time just in case. Good Luck.
    09-06-08 09:24 AM
    I'm sorry you're having such a bad experience . Many of us are using it without problems -- it actually fixed some problems with earlier versions. It could be you had a bad download -- which happens from time to time. I suggest you try another copy before giving up.
    09-06-08 09:24 AM
    ive read and studied the 101's. None of them talk about the bb constant lost of connection during the reloading process. How do i troubleshoot that??? Wiped the bb, the NO OS sign comes up as usaual, it then fades and i get the white screen

My bb cant stay connected the pc for a mare 2mins. How can i do a 30min reload???
    Last edited by doubleup4life; 09-06-08 at 09:30 AM.
    09-06-08 09:26 AM
    during an os load the device will connect and disconnect itself from the pc several time DO NOT DISCONNECT! Also you are SURE you deleted the vedor.xml file?
    09-06-08 09:34 AM
    Sorry to hear about your problems. I've been running .69 for over a month now and it's been rock solid!
    09-06-08 09:34 AM
    Try rebooting your computer. Sometimes the USB drivers get jumbled.
    09-06-08 09:35 AM
    VERY surprised by how .69 turned out for you as it is considered one of the most stable betas. Did you follow the approved procedure for upgrading? I would suggest following the link in my sig for reloading the OS on a nuked (bricked) Berry and installing fresh.

I have been running .69 for about 4 days now with no issues and I know of other forum members who have been running it for over a month with no issues. Unfortunately as with most things in life your mileage can (and probably WILL) vary!
    09-06-08 09:53 AM
    You also have given a clue to your problem. Your berry isn't charging properly, and it disconnects during the upgrade process? I'm assuming you know better than to unplug yourself during an upgrade, so it is very possible you have a bad USB connection. First, try another cable -- and use a magnifying glass to check out the plug on your berry for bent wires. If you're having trouble with your charging cable and your usb to computer cable, it could well be your berry. If you are using the same cable to charge via computer and upgrade OS, then it could be the cable as well. Also, Never Use a USB Hub.

if the problem is your berry's plug in, then you should replace it under warranty or insurance.
    09-06-08 09:54 AM
    ive tried other usb cords. New ones. i have 5. My bb is not even a month yet, the pins in the usb r ok.
    09-06-08 10:02 AM
    Much respect for those who have it running smooth for over 2 days. It bricked my bb, TWICE!!. Screen fades then turns white then the pin becomes unknown. Battery pulls? Ha!! . Even during the boot up the hour glass fades and the white screen appears. Sometimes nothing after a batt pull, just the red blinking leds. Oh i forgot, my bb doesnt charge anymore. Hmmm, harware, software, OS? YOU TELL ME.. I SAY .69!!!!
    I've been running .77, .66, and prior versions of the 8330. That's why they are called BETA. "B" stands for Beware. The .77 has been running smooth. I try to stay away from the early early BETAs however.
    09-06-08 10:17 AM
    You know this does sound like a defective unit or PC/USB cable.......
    09-06-08 10:18 AM
    I have been running .69 for a week now, and other than a very slight memory leak, I have had no problems. I have never bricked my berry running, or installing a beta OS. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 10:49 AM
    Very rare to ever hear a issue with .69. I have been running 5 weeks without a issue. Maybe other issues with your BB.
    09-06-08 11:13 AM
    I hate to hear the bad luck. I just put .69 on my BB about 12 hours ago its very smooth for me.
    09-06-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD