OK...so i just bought a 6gig card (sanDisk) and the BB only reads 1.7...wtf...my 4 gig card which i returned to get a the 6 worked great.

Can anyone help here?
    thanks in advance...

btw i love this thing!!!
    01-30-08 07:51 PM
    Did you try to format it in the BB?
    01-30-08 07:52 PM
    The only thing that I can tell you, format it.
    01-30-08 07:53 PM
    yes i did format from the BB and my mac and my pc....non worked
    01-30-08 08:02 PM
    That is so strange that you purchased a 6GB and it is only showing 1.7GB. Even if your device doesn't support that capacity, by default it should show you the correct total free space. As attached herein, this is my screen shot of my 8GB microSD and it shows 7.6GB

Your memory card by default should show you the total free space available without formating the memory card. If I reformat my 8GB, it will change its total capacity to 4GB since that's the current capacity that my Curve is currently supporting. But I won't do that Even though I got my microSD $89.99+tax, no use buying an 8 when I'm going to convert it to 4

Check with the vendor you got your microSD from, looks like it is a 2.0GB microSD and not 6, as claimed. Pretty close with the 2.0GB microSD actual free space when used with the Curve. It is about 1.8GB
    01-30-08 08:07 PM
    Sorry....about saying that it had "1.7gig", i just rechecked my bb and it say 1.6gig.

it does say 6gig on the card when out of the bb.

??? i'll take back. so i should not format the replacement when i get it?

thanks for your help guys!
    01-30-08 08:36 PM
    Speaking for myself, I wouldn't reformat it. I have an 8GB and it is patiently waiting for the 4.5 OS release.
    01-30-08 08:40 PM
    How do I get my SD card working? I have it installed correctly, but cannot get the BB to recognize the 8 GB of free space. It fails to format each time.

HELP!!!!!
    02-24-08 09:29 AM
    I have heard that if you make the folders that the bb uses from your pc that it will read the larger cards with no formatting needed. The formatting puts the folders in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-08 09:50 AM
    Not sure what you mean. Do I just take the microSD card out of the BB and use reader and load music, etc. on it via PC? I thought I would be able to insert, turn mass storage on, and then load media via Desktop Manager. Why is this so difficult? The 8GB card is supposed to work in the 8310, and it is not for me. Maybe I am stupid, though???

02-24-08 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD