I'm not going to say that the 8330 is the best BB out there because it isn't. But there are some things about it that I prefer over other BB models.

1. The keyboard. I love the feel of the keyboard. It seems like RIM has been unable to reproduce this keyboard in succeeding curves. But this keyboard is my favorite. Not only in feel, but in looks too. The glow of the keys when illuminated is unmatched.

2. The feel. Some prefer thinner, bigger, and/or lighter phones; but I like the feel of the 8330. It just feels good in the hands.

3. The trackball. People think I'm crazy, but I prefer the trackball. I'm not saying that the trackpad isn't cool, but the trackball is where its at with me. Brick Breaker is so much more enjoyable with the trackball. And if I had to replace the trackball, it is insanely easy and cheap to do on the 8330.

4. The icons. I have always preferred the dimension icons. With the Verizon theme, the homescreen looks great.

5. Cost to replace. I can replace my 8330 by buying a new one on eBay for about $40. That's less than any deductible I have seen with insurance on any carrier and I don't have to pay a monthly fee.
    04-25-12 05:22 AM
    You are so obsolete. Get yourself a new BlackBerry!
    04-25-12 05:31 AM
    I had to go back to using my trusty 8330 when my other BlackBerry crapped out. Loved that phone. Did what I needed it to do, and two people I work with are also using em. Aside from a trackball cleaning every now and again, it's all good.

I will say that I liked using the 8330 more than the 8520. Everyone has their favorite device. I did enjoy upgrading to the 9780 though...I can't lie.
    04-25-12 08:55 AM
    Has validity!

1. Battery life
    2. L Theme Native
    3. Replaceable trckball
    4. Bigger LED
    5. Better alert sounds

04-25-12 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD