Hey, I am running the Boost 5.0 os on my Sprint 8330, everything works fine, I just had an inquiry about something, I feel like this is more OS related than theme related, but here it goes. In other BB models, such as the Bold and the Tour and many others, whenever you access the Media folder/app, it gives you a nice interface for the subfolder, it has Precision icons on the bottom (maybe the top, I don't remember) and in the center, there is a large, attractive icon of the selected media category that fades in and out as a different icon is selected. There was a similar interface to this in 4.5, but with the dimension icons. What I was wondering is if there is any way to implement this for the 5.0 Media folder (if I remember correctly, for 5.0 for 8330, the stock interface/theme doesn't have a dedicated media icon at all, just shortcuts to Pictures, Videos, etc. though you could group into an easily accessible folder) either by means of a file to add, a theme to change or maybe a way to skin the Media folder/app. I am currently running the Precision base Theme from the 8520. This is by no means a big deal or a dealbreaker for me, but I thought it was a nice touch when I saw it on other devices and figured it would be a welcome addition to the 8330 interface. Any help would be very appreciated.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

P.S: I know Opera mini 4.2 doesn't play nice with this build of 5.0, and I have been using the stock Browser, but for me at least, Browser has been running A LOT faster than it did in the .230 build. However, I figured I would download a third-party browser anyway just in case I needed one for anything. So which browser would you guys suggest, Opera 5 beta, or Bolt? Both have seemed a little sluggish to me in my past experiences, but those seem to be the only options that we have for now. Thanks!
    Last edited by bcparker; 01-25-10 at 09:35 AM.
    01-25-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD