i just brought a 4 gb sandisk microsdhc card when i put it in its telling me its not formatted. I also am runnig os v4.5.0.52 software. thanks for anyone's help
    09-11-08 09:09 PM
    Is there supposed to be a question for help there?

Media > Menu > Format...
    Last edited by sunkast; 09-11-08 at 09:21 PM.
    09-11-08 09:11 PM
    then format that sucker! Go to options>media card, hit menu Format. voila! Load 'er up. Welcome to CB!
    09-11-08 09:12 PM
    Is there supposed to be a question for help there?

Media > Menu > Format... Genius.
    Now that was just Rude Sunkast. Don't mind him. He's always grumpy. He knows his stuff, but you have to take him with a grain of salt.
    09-11-08 09:15 PM
    then format that sucker! Go to options>media card, hit menu Format. voila! Load 'er up. Welcome to CB!
    PL is right - enjoy... (how much did you pay??)
    09-11-08 09:16 PM
    Now that was just Rude Sunkast. Don't mind him. He's always grumpy. He knows his stuff, but you have to take him with a grain of salt.
    Sorry. I was going for the Guinness commercial style of Genius. But if you think it is offensive, I'll modify my post.
    09-11-08 09:22 PM
    Well anyway sunass i tried that already and it said format failed. so i probably should have worded my question better. but does anybody have any other suggestion?
    09-11-08 09:23 PM
    Well anyway sunass i tried that already and it said format failed. so i probably should have worded my question better. but does anybody have any other suggestion?
    Sunass!LMFAO!

Where did you get the card? It's not used is it? Sounds like it could be bad.
    09-11-08 09:27 PM
    If the card came with an adapter that can be plugged into the
    USB port on your PC try formating it that way.
    09-11-08 09:33 PM
    I got it from radioSACK it was on sale for 14.99 maybe thats y. Im leaning towards its bad but i hope not don't feel like bringing it back. I was wondering that im using OS v4.5 that might be a problem. i have t-mobile if that helps any.
    09-11-08 09:33 PM
    O.S. shouldn't matter in this case. Like AG said try formatting with pc if you have a reader other wise take it back. Also if you're not in a hurry Amazon has been running 8g's for under 30 bucks shipped.
    09-11-08 09:35 PM
    I got it from radioSACK it was on sale for 14.99 maybe thats y. Im leaning towards its bad but i hope not don't feel like bringing it back. I was wondering that im using OS v4.5 that might be a problem. i have t-mobile if that helps any.
    Hi...

Yes, try to format the microSD as they said in a PC. If you cannot format it using the microSD adapter in a PC, take the card back to RS and get another one. One suggestion, I have seen this work ok using the phone and then with the same type card on another phone, it will not format. You can then usually get control of the card on a PC and format the card FAT. Once installed, the phone can then manage the card. Don't worry about the cost, as the pricing points on these cards are coming down. I get 2gb's for $7.00 at Tiger *irect.

Let us know how your doing and good luck...

H.
    09-11-08 09:37 PM
    If the card came with an adapter that can be plugged into the
    USB port on your PC try formating it that way.
    Also my next suggestion. The card should be formatted to FAT16.
    09-11-08 09:38 PM
    I plug it into my computer still didn't read the card so i guess its bad. Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!!!!!
    09-11-08 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD