The 8350i has 4.6 on it, someone has got to get the 4.6 beta for the 8330....pleaseeeeeeeeeee

you will be a savior to many!
    12-14-08 06:35 PM
    Any word/buzz on what's new for 4.6?
    12-14-08 09:13 PM
    12-14-08 09:16 PM
    You can ask all you want lol, doesn't mean anything will come of it. The Crackberry rules as I read them is that the direct links can not be posted.

Ehhh bored w/ 4.5? Ya i was back int he day also
    12-14-08 09:17 PM
    Here's is Kevin's post in the 4.5 OS section.

** Rules Reminder **
    Per our forum rules, members are still not allowed to post links to betas within the forums. It's not that we have something against beta links; rather, any rogue link posts in the forum may not feature the warnings above and we don't want to see users installing a beta OS without knowing the risks in advance and blaming CrackBerry since they found the link here.

We have spent a ton of moderation time keeping beta posts off the site for many months now - no matter what they pop up, be it in posts, hidden in signatures, false links, etc. I hoped by creating a thread for it we can hopefully eliminate that issue as people will not be tempted to post these links elsewhere in the forums as we have a place for them, and it's safer for users in general as people will see the disclaimer and risks. But alas - that's not meant to be.
    12-14-08 09:20 PM
    Not going to get into a pissing match nor should any of this be turned into one. Not sure why people always have to ask anyways......

I have always believed if I did the grunt work and found something, I would expect the same from any other person.

Go looking.

Also ~

THE ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS OF CRACKBERRY.COM RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MOVE, REMOVE, EDIT, CLOSE THREADS/POSTS OR BAN MEMBERS (HAVE POSTING PRIVILEGES REVOKED) WHO BREACH THESE RULES OR TERMS OF USE AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR WARNING OR EXPLANATION.

Just my .02
    12-14-08 09:34 PM
    As I see it there's no harm in asking if this beta exist. There is a harm in posting it inside the forums. So to tell her that he would send har a PM was a bit wrong. But at the same time the person could have found a better way to ask the question.
    12-14-08 09:49 PM
    The point of the rule is that CB can be held liable for distributing RIM's property. This is our place and we have a responsibility to protect it. It is ok to say a beta is out there, Just not to ask for it or post a link. No one ever said you can't use PM's to ask someone or that you can send a link to someone.. Google works too, and sooner or later it will show up somewhere as official. It is up to us to look out for our website and I don't think it is too much to ask. Besides, once you get to a certain OS level, most people won't even notice a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:12 PM
    Indeed Exelant!

Google is your friend. Once a beta is out there, we don't need to post it here. We can simply google it, and walla, we can get the beta, and no liability for CB.
    12-14-08 10:15 PM
    Ha we have said that in the past then 30-40 threads always start"please give me OS info, or download site." we have said in the past google it, then people get all pissy. I could care less what they say but still BS forum drama......

Ohh I can see it now....
    12-14-08 10:18 PM
    But what would the forum be without drama? We watch TV shows that are drama's, we watch movies that are drama's. Now we sit and type in an interactive drama
    12-14-08 10:22 PM
    ha true got me on that...
    12-14-08 10:25 PM
    First, I don't believe any 4.6 beta for the 8330 exists. 4.5 is for 81xx and 83xx, 4.6 is for Bold, Flip, and Javelin, and 4.7 is for Storm.

Secondly, I don't believe the OP was actually asking for a link to a 4.6 beta OS for the 8330, just asking whether one existed.
    12-14-08 10:27 PM
    First, I don't believe any 4.6 beta for the 8330 exists.

Ha if only you did know what was out there. Bwwaaaaahhhhhaaaaa
    12-14-08 10:30 PM
    It's not an illegal beta, but it is the latest release for the 8330:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-106355/

The black market says there's another version, but, uh, let's just stick with this version which has the green light to be posted
    12-14-08 10:39 PM
    Pretty sure you guys all misunderstood my post or are just out of the beta OS loop.

There is no 4.6 out for the 8330 (that i can find). I just want someone to admit that a beta is out there and tell us about it. That's done all the time on this forum for more prevalent betas.

So now back to the issue at hand.

Who has the good word on 4.6 beta for 8330?!?!?
    12-14-08 10:55 PM
    First, I don't believe any 4.6 beta for the 8330 exists. 4.5 is for 81xx and 83xx, 4.6 is for Bold, Flip, and Javelin, and 4.7 is for Storm.

Secondly, I don't believe the OP was actually asking for a link to a 4.6 beta OS for the 8330, just asking whether one existed.
    wish i would have read this before my post i just made, you are right on tech42er.

My point was though that if the 8350i has it, the 8330 should be able to handle it (or so i've been told on these forums). So hopefully someone will be able to tell us the good news and make me happy

Ha if only you did know what was out there. Bwwaaaaahhhhhaaaaa
    Can you tell me if 4.6 for the 8330 is out there? I googled my brains out and couldn't find anything
    12-14-08 10:57 PM
    Lol, it's like a drug! "Ooooh new OS, gotta get me some OS. Hey man, you got any OS? It's been a week and I am jonesing, I got it bad, man." Then when the OS is downloaded and on the PC, and the load starts, pulses quicken, and you gotta stare at the berry screen. Then "what's that!? Is it hung up, oh man I'm bricking my berry. Oh I knew I shouldn't have done this! Oh God, let it load, let it load! I promise I won't do this again if you let it load this one last time! Oh man I gotta unplug it early." (Then if it gets unplugged early, we'll see the person on CB, help meeee!) Once OS is loaded, "whew I got it on! Yay." Get it all set up, then we're ok for a while before that little voice starts up, "there's gotta be a new OS somewhere". And the cycle starts all over again. I wonder how many actually needed to upgrade. I know I haven't noticed a difference since .69

12-14-08 11:12 PM
    The BlackBerry 8350i wich will soon be released on Sprint/Nextel is an iDen only device with Os 4.6. BUT the 8350i is not identical hardware wise as the Curve 8330. Other than wi-fi and more memory, I'm sure there are other hardware differences that would make the OS 4.6 for the 8350i uncompatible with the 8330. I could be wrong and I hope I am.
    Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 12-14-08 at 11:21 PM.
    12-14-08 11:18 PM
    4.6 has not been leaked. But there is stuff in the horizon.............
    12-14-08 11:52 PM
    4.6's browser is amazing, i hate using opera so much. Thats why I want it so badly for my curve.
    12-15-08 02:36 AM
    Lol, it's like a drug! "Ooooh new OS, gotta get me some OS. Hey man, you got any OS? It's been a week and I am jonesing, I got it bad, man." Then when the OS is downloaded and on the PC, and the load starts, pulses quicken, and you gotta stare at the berry screen. Then "what's that!? Is it hung up, oh man I'm bricking my berry. Oh I knew I shouldn't have done this! Oh God, let it load, let it load! I promise I won't do this again if you let it load this one last time! Oh man I gotta unplug it early." (Then if it gets unplugged early, we'll see the person on CB, help meeee!) Once OS is loaded, "whew I got it on! Yay." Get it all set up, then we're ok for a while before that little voice starts up, "there's gotta be a new OS somewhere". And the cycle starts all over again. I wonder how many actually needed to upgrade. I know I haven't noticed a difference since .69

That is so funny, thank you for sharing it with us.
    12-15-08 12:30 PM
    The problem: hxxp://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/help/faq_alerts.jsp?c_id=mlb#premium

MLB Gameday audio is only available for 4.6 or greater. This is a deal-breaker, I need an upgrade now.
    04-04-09 12:51 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but there is no 4.6, nor will there ever be a 4.6 for the 8330. Let alone the whole 83xx series. The next OS that will be coming for these devices is the 5.0 OS.
    04-04-09 12:56 PM
    We love you blueberry

Coughwhencough???????

04-04-09 01:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD