Where is the link for this version of 4.5?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 12:06 PM
    I've been searching the forums here as well for a comprehensive OS upgrade. I too use Verizon (4.3) and I'm unsure of which post to follow for an upgrade.

I realize now that I need DM 4.5 (first?) then I download the 4.5 OS for the Curve? I wasn't sure to remove 4.3 DM first, then upgrade, etc...

I'm just unsure of what to download/install first...

Any help is appreciated as always!

Scott
    08-12-08 01:56 PM
    All the resources and help you could ever need are right in THIS thread ^^^post #2 by BMC!

UpGrade/DownGrade Procedure
    08-12-08 02:43 PM
    I'm having trouble. I downloaded 4.5 and attempted to upgrade. It told me there was a fatal error while trying to install the upgrade. Now when I try to go back into the app loader in desktop manager it is asking me for a password ??? I don't know what to use... I never assigned a password associated with my PIN or desktop mgr. Please help.
    08-12-08 02:56 PM
    All the resources and help you could ever need are right in THIS thread ^^^post #2 by BMC!

UpGrade/DownGrade Procedure
    MmmHuhh mmhhuh.^
    08-12-08 03:07 PM
    i DL the 4.5 but when i open my desk manager it does come up..it still reads me 4.3..any idea why this is happening? Also at what pont and where to go to delete the vendor??
    08-12-08 03:07 PM
    4.5 seems to be ok at this point...
    08-12-08 03:29 PM
    FYI, you definitely do NOT need DM 4.5. I downloaded and installed OS 4.5 using and older version of the DM. It is working fine now.
    08-12-08 03:55 PM
    I figured out my problem.but I will say these forums are really hard to read now with the new version

08-12-08 04:34 PM
    Nevermind. Figured that out too.

08-12-08 04:39 PM
    I went from 4.3 to 4.5 0.51 to 4.5.0.66 and never noticed not one single difference in the Browser between those versions.

Make sure under BrowserOptions/BrowserConfiguration you have EVERY box checked and emulation set to BlackBerry

08-12-08 04:42 PM
    the link from this site
    where is this link you speak about???
    08-12-08 05:06 PM
    POST #2 IN BMC's signature.

08-12-08 05:08 PM
    I also upgraded my os without the newest version of dm. The only problem I had was to resend my service books to get the html email to work. Otherwise I love the new os. I am not running the official release but the beta .66 version.

08-12-08 05:23 PM
    For the record the gps does not work still. It prob never will

For the Record, no software update will unlock GPS in Verizon... You should not be expecting this........
    08-12-08 05:25 PM
    when i was updating through desktop manager, i clicked on advanced, and it had a number of apps, some of which were clicked, and some of which were not. i unclicked on all of hte foreign languages, and then noticed docs to go was unchecked, so i checked this to be installed. there were also a few that i had no idea what they meant, so i checked them as well. anyone know what these unchecked items were???
    08-12-08 05:34 PM
    ok, i just upgraded, but i'm not getting any html email? any ideas???
    08-12-08 06:22 PM
    1-Resend your service books
    2-ReRegister host routing table
    3- it takes time , you may not see HTML email until some time tomorrow. At least that was the case for me.
    4- Old emails already sent to your phone will NOT show html
    5- Make sure HTML and auto show images is checked in EACH email address options.

Last edited by GrandMasterB; 08-12-08 at 06:30 PM.
    08-12-08 06:25 PM
    I'm a new bb user (had my first one for about a month now) and have figured most everything out pretty easily so far but this upgrade is killing me.

I have downloaded both 8330 OS: v4.5.0.56 as well as the 4.5 Desktop Manager. I even have deleted the vendor file prior to running the new OS.

It seems like my bb isn't recognizing that the vendor file has been deleted. Is there some sort of sync between my computer and my bb which I'm missing. I guess I'm confused about the link between the xml vendor file and the ability to upgrade to a new OS. If you delete the vendor file on your pc but your bb doesn't recognize that it's gone and been replaced, how can you get around it?

I'm a newbie to all this stuff so forgive me for my ignorance but I would really like to figure this thing out. It's whooping my ****. Appreciate any advice and thanks in advance. -Scott
    08-12-08 06:44 PM
    Following information provided by bmcclure937

BMC[/quote]

You only need them if you are on a BES. And if you did not load them, you can simply check the boxes and then run AppLoader and they will be on there in no time.

1) MDS Runtime : Allows you to run MDS (Mobile Data System) applications, which are developed for BES
    2) MDS Default Launcher : Used for the same reason as above. It launches MDS apps
    3) S/MIME Support Package : provides added security in a number of ways, for those accessing a BES server
    4) DOD Root Certs : these certificates were used for extreme security levels at organizatons such as the Department of Defense. You do not need these, as they will not be supported for most users. It is the backend for extremely secure encryption

Hope that helps.

BMC[/quote]
    08-12-08 06:45 PM
    POST #2 IN BMC's signature.

ok so i dont mean to sound ignorant but im kinda confused... is there an actual link to the download/zip or do i need to find it based on the build provided in that thread??
    08-12-08 07:21 PM
    For the Record, no software update will unlock GPS in Verizon... You should not be expecting this........
    I understand this, i was answering another post......... thankyou
    08-12-08 07:21 PM
    where is this link you speak about???
    from the 1st sticky in the curve section. 1st post, 1st link
    08-12-08 07:23 PM
    from the 1st sticky in the curve section. 1st post, 1st link
    Thank You!
    08-12-08 07:34 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD