Hi,
    I know there are probably a ton of threads on this which I'm sorting out through now. But I just upgraded to 4.5 from the verizon website and noticed a few things afterward.

Facebook app is gone, can't see it on my desktop anymore. Where are all the apps listed on the phone? I was trying to see if it was even installed anymore but I forgot on the BB where the programs are listed.

My desktop picture was gone.

The phone seems slower now - is this normal?

thanks!
    11-06-08 09:31 AM
    OK, I was able to find that Facebook is listed in the application but it is not showing up on my desktop - how can I get it to? Also I have to re-set up my email?
    11-06-08 09:40 AM
    I installed the Vodafone version of 4.5 on my AT&T 8310 Curve last week. It was slow for about 5 minutes after bootup, but I figured it had to do with the fact the system was still updating.
    I didn't have to reset my e-mail, but, even though I deleted vendor.xml, the vendor blocked apps like BlackBerry Maps was still missing from my desktop, even though they were installed.

Now, it runs fine, although I am still trying to figure out how to make BlackBerry Maps visible, and remove all those stupid "Shop" icons AT&T loads.
    11-06-08 09:57 AM
    After each upgrade, regardless if yu go official or not, resend your service books, and register the host routing table.
    11-06-08 10:31 AM
    After each upgrade, regardless if yu go official or not, resend your service books, and register the host routing table.
    How do you do that?
    11-06-08 10:32 AM
    Host routing table
    Options, advanced, host routing table, menu key, register

Service Books, either send from your manage internet email icon, or log onto verizon (yur bis) and resend.
    11-06-08 10:34 AM
    Ok, thanks.

Do you know if you lose your Brickbreaker scores with the update?
    11-06-08 10:34 AM
    I have no idea.
    11-06-08 10:37 AM
    Yes you lose your score. I tried doing a full back up before the upgrade and still lost the score.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 11:11 AM
    Yes you lose your score. I tried doing a full back up before the upgrade and still lost the score.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

That sucks.

But that's not the case with Verizon apparently.

I just did the update to v4.5 and it saved everything.

My Brickbreaker scorers are still there.

Everything is there. The only thing I had to reset was my wallpaper picture was returned to default.

Nothing was lost at all.

Everything is perfect.
    11-06-08 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD