Will the new 4.5 OS come with any new themes on it?

I noticed when I upgraded to 4.2.2.194 that it had a newer vodaphone theme. It was the "Vodaphone Green" theme. (Maybe that was just the Curve's, I checked it against my 8800, which did not have the Vodaphone Green)

Now "I assume" (know what that means), that the newer OS is also carrier dependant.

Or, is that RIM's decision?

msblueline
    05-12-08 10:01 AM
    As in past and current OS releases, they will be released by the various carriers once they have certified and trained their CSRs on the OS. However it is not carrier-dependent, as you you can delete the vendor.xml file and load on ay carrier device...

The OS releases ARE model dependent.
    05-12-08 10:06 AM
    Hence, that is why they come with all the carriers one update.

Just delete which ever unlock code you want and presto...

Ok, makes perfect sense... thx

msblueline
    05-12-08 10:21 AM
    It has nothing to do with unlock codes.
    And the carriers don't all do one update, they might take 6-8 months to update across several carriers, and each carrier might have a different release with some slightly different update in the code.
    05-12-08 10:32 AM
    The only new theme I saw on 4.5 was a new iteration of the BBDimension theme called BBDimension L. There were 4 BBDimension themes visible Icon, Zen, Today and L.

The L theme is pretty self explanatory in that it puts its icons doen the left side and the bottom edge of the screen.

Everything about the theme (colors, background) was the same as the rest of the BBDimension themes.

There are loads of themes out there some of them are free.

Check out Blackberry News | Themes - Wallpapers - Videos - and More | GemBlock.comwhich has my favorite Flamboyant.
    05-12-08 10:40 AM
    If you do a search, you can find the instructions on how to edit the vendor Id's and have all of the different themes from all the carriers on your BlackBerry.
    There is no separate OS for each carrier, an OS is an OS. Its just that different functions are only available for certain carriers and this is 'locked down' by the vendor Id's.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 02:38 PM
    The Dimension L is an awesome theme. I love using version 4.5. There are a lot of little different things that make it seem sleaker.

You can purchase the L icon layout through certain websites for $9.99 if you are waiting to upgrade.
    05-12-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD