Was hoping someone could help me out. I have researched this board for about 2 days straight non-stop (wife is not happy lol) trying to gain as much knowledge as possible about HER phone, but can not figure out this issue and it is driving me crazy.

First, she has an 8310 Curve, AT&T. I upgraded just recently to the newest 4.5. Everything went smoothly.

Had trouble with the whole HTML email issue as alot did. Researched on here and learned you have to have the HTML enabled in the settings, but that was not appearing in the email settings option. More research tought me that I needed to resend "service books". Yet more research tought me how to do that. Thank god for this board and its information! I re-sent the service books, which gave me the option for HTML email enabled. I made sure each email has HTML enable and show images automatically. I can tell the upgrade to 4.5 worked because her email looks totally different than it did before...BUT (here is where i need the help) it still does now show the images automatically. just shows what looks like a phone and words next to where each image should be.

when she opens emails it still does not come up with the pictures...she has to either click the link in the email that says something like "cant see the images in this email, click here" or in EACH seperate email she has to open the email, menu key, and select the "get images". then it downloads all the pictures for that email and looks like how it should.

I'm sorry, but I have no BB experience. I am home on leave for the holidays (military) and determined to get this phone working for her while im here.

Any assistance/advice/guidance is greatly appreciated.

thank you and hope everyone is having a safe and happy holidays!
    12-22-08 01:29 PM
    If the images are not imbedded directly in the e-mail; i.e., linked from some server, you will always have to manually opt to download them for each e-mail. It's a security issue: you should only download images from a server owned by someone you trust. In the act of downloading them you are revealing information about your machine to the server's owner, such as IP address. Additionally, if the e-mail is not from a trusted source it could be links to very offensive images, especially if it's spam.

PS: From a retired USAF officer, thank you for your service. All the best!
    12-22-08 04:23 PM
    I am having the same problem. Just shows empty squares instead of the images. Before I upgraded to 4.5 I got the images automatically. I've been using Empower Pro since the beginning. Don't think that will make any difference. Anyone have any ideas or is this just a change with 4.5.
    12-26-08 08:58 AM
    I am having the same problem. Just shows empty squares instead of the images. Before I upgraded to 4.5 I got the images automatically. I've been using Empower Pro since the beginning. Don't think that will make any difference. Anyone have any ideas or is this just a change with 4.5.
    I don't yet have 4.5 but am getting ready to upgrade after the holiday break. Not sure if this is your issue but... For OS 4.5 you need the newest version of Empower HTML Viewer. Per Empower tech support, in 4.5, RIM will not allow Empower to d/l mail with attachments (since RiM has their own viewer) so the new version kicks in for non-attachment emails and lets the BlackBerry OS handle emails with attachments. I'm sure you have the Empower link but if not... Empower Interactive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 09:12 AM
    Thanks jbeachy. I'll check that out.
    12-26-08 11:18 AM
    Spinny,

Just wanted to thank you for the assitance. My wife will just have to live with it or switch to an iphone. lol
    12-27-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD