I decided to pop in to the Verizpn store to check out some accesories,I asked what they have as the latest software for the curve. They looked it up and read 4.5. I asked if they could do the upgrade for me but was advised to go to the Verizon site to do it and contact there support for any help. Even the people who looked it up was surprised to see the 4.5.

I had attempted to do the upgrade on the blackberry site a couple days ago but was unsuccessful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TTran; 10-09-08 at 01:51 PM.
    10-09-08 01:41 PM
    It hasn't been offically released here but you can use this one http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...anguage-75458/ just delete the vendor xml. however i would suggest reading through this first http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    10-09-08 01:49 PM
    Yep short and to the point addict

Good Luck TTran
    10-09-08 01:54 PM
    rumor has it 10/10 i believe
    10-09-08 01:56 PM
    i'm still a newb.

What is the usual time it takes for the carrier (VZW, specifically) to put the upgraded OS on their site once it's been released on the blackberry site?

Thanks!

i think creeker answered me while i was typing! Ha. Thank you!

10-09-08 01:59 PM
    i'm still a newb.

What is the usual time it takes for the carrier (VZW, specifically) to put the upgraded OS on their site once it's been released on the blackberry site?

Thanks!

i think creeker answered me while i was typing! Ha. Thank you!

Well seeing that you have over 900 post i wouldnt quite call you a newbie
    10-09-08 02:04 PM
    Oh no! i'm a newb. i've only had my device for a month and a half. Most of my posts are asking questions and trying to learn! i can only answer newb questions! i'm glad that most people on this forum are patient and helpful!

i'll never learn all there is to know so i'll always be a newb!

When i started doing the upgrade to 4.5 OS yesterday my hands started sweating and i bailed out! Lol.

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-09-08 at 02:15 PM.
    10-09-08 02:13 PM
    Oh no! i'm a newb. i've only had my device for a month. Most of my posts are asking questions and trying to learn! i can only answer newb questions! i'm glad that most people on this forum are patient and helpful!

i'll never learn all there is to know so i'll always be a newb!

When i started doing the upgrade to 4.5 OS yesterday my hand started sweating and i bailed out! Lol.

So true!!!
    10-09-08 02:15 PM
    rumor has it 10/10 i believe
    Would it be available after midnight tonight?
    10-09-08 04:06 PM
    LOL i did all the downloads and updated my desktop software but when it came time to actually wipe my BB i froze...
    10-09-08 04:25 PM
    Just talked a verizon tech support and was told 4.5 was official Tuesday and can dl from BB website but not on VZW site yet since it hasn't been "thoroughly tested" by them yet. If you get it direct from BB you're fine but if you remove vendor stuff and get it elsewhere you void warranty.

10-09-08 04:36 PM
    Just talked a verizon tech support and was told 4.5 was official Tuesday and can dl from BB website but not on VZW site yet since it hasn't been "thoroughly tested" by them yet. If you get it direct from BB you're fine but if you remove vendor stuff and get it elsewhere you void warranty.

LOL that tech was full of it.....

even if it's an accepted release from RIM for Verizon we have not seen it yet. plus OS installs won't void warranty. You can easily go back to old basic fully released OS if you have to exchange the device..... also if you download the 4.5.0.77 off RIM's site it's not a full OS i tried this last week. It only installs certain files. Not the complete full OS. Also if Verizon is saying they are still testing it, but telling you to get something they are still testing. Does't make sense

Don't believe everything a TECH says.....
    10-09-08 04:45 PM
    LOL that tech was full of it.....

even if it's an accepted release from RIM for Verizon we have not seen it yet. plus OS installs won't void warranty. You can easily go back to old basic fully released OS if you have to exchange the device..... also if you download the 4.5.0.77 off RIM's site it's not a full OS i tried this last week. It only installs certain files. Not the complete full OS. Also if Verizon is saying they are still testing it, but telling you to get something they are still testing. Does't make sense

Don't believe everything a TECH says.....
    I must say you got a point. I know lots of people have had success with the other methods of OS installs, but once I got that "Fatal Error Messege" from my attempt on the bb website, I would rather just wait till it is released from the Carrier.
    10-09-08 04:57 PM
    I've tried dif versions of 4.5 numerous times and always found a flaw and went back to 4.3. I'm tempted to load it again but I think I'll be smart and wait for VZW to release it (someday soon hopefully)

10-09-08 05:23 PM
    So the sawbuck question is who has the os from rim operating on their bb 8330 curve now? Any issues... Any reason you see why we should wait to get it from verizons website? The verizon store advised me today to get it from rim's site. Since I posted this I have gone onto the vzw site and downloaded the new software update seems to be working ok untill I wanted to hook it up to my laptop. BB desktop manager will not reqognise my phone being plugged in. Is there something wrong here?

Last edited by voodoo57; 10-10-08 at 12:05 AM.
    10-09-08 06:18 PM
    One main reaosn I think of getting from VZW is that their version will have any fixes required to resolve VZW device concerns. Like not hear calls after getting sounds in an MMS.
    10-09-08 06:26 PM
    I have the 4.5 OS release from RIMs site and with the exception of being unable to locate docs2go and such, it works really well. It gave me like 9mb back on my file free memory too. Whoever said it may not be a full complete OS may be right since I can't find docs2go on here, and was never given an option to install that during installation, but oh well I can wait a little bit longer for that I suppose.

I'm hoping the rumor is true that vzw will indeed release their version on 10/10. Fingers crossed.
    10-09-08 09:50 PM
    I have the 4.5 OS release from RIMs site and with the exception of being unable to locate docs2go and such, it works really well. It gave me like 9mb back on my file free memory too. Whoever said it may not be a full complete OS may be right since I can't find docs2go on here, and was never given an option to install that during installation, but oh well I can wait a little bit longer for that I suppose.

I'm hoping the rumor is true that vzw will indeed release their version on 10/10. Fingers crossed.

I mentioned it before, do me a favor go into you applications and what is listed...

Reason I ask, is i reverted back to to 4.3 then went with the online RIM upgrade which gave me 4.5 which I have had already.... but after the RIM install from the site it only gave me three to four applications in the list....
    10-09-08 09:59 PM
    geez why is everyone having such a hard time finding docs to go? it *should* be right there in the app loader...

.77 btw
    10-09-08 10:31 PM
    geez why is everyone having such a hard time finding docs to go? it *should* be right there in the app loader...

.77 btw
    Depends on where you got your OS, if it was from the RIM site, when I did my testing it was not there, as well as a few other programs that normally comes with this OS release.....
    10-10-08 07:26 AM
    is anyone having trouble with html on .77? I can receive it, however the images don't come in on their own unless I choose manually to get image.

In my options, I did select for it to always get image and I did send service books, but for the most part, I get empty squares with the proper html fonts and boxes. Anyone having this issue with 4.5?
    10-10-08 07:37 AM
    While in your Messages App: Press the Menu >> Options >> Email Settings
    Set Download Images Automatically.

I find that most images download in my emails. Some emails require you to "Get Images" even though the above setting is already set.
    10-10-08 07:49 AM
    Anyone have a direct link to verizon's update page so that I can check for the official 4.5 release from my bb?

10-10-08 07:51 AM
    Anyone have a direct link to verizon's update page so that I can check for the official 4.5 release from my bb?

Still 4.3
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    10-10-08 08:00 AM
    Is this what you're looking for:

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    10-10-08 08:03 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD