I removed the beta verison and installed an approved one on the blackberry web site. I removed the vender file and pluged in my phone. Nothing changed. I still has the video camera and I can get on bb browser and I have no email feature on my phone. I cant even set up the personal email account or in the email setup on the setup wizard. Can someone point me in the right direction.
    07-22-08 08:19 PM
    I would resend service books and reregister your device.

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    07-22-08 08:25 PM
    There's a 101 lecture on upgrading to 4.5. Its like the last step. I just downloaded this weekend & had some similar problems. Once I resent my service book all was well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 09:30 PM
    I did that. From the devise and from bis site. Still nothing changed when I pluged my phone in. Am I missing something.
    07-22-08 09:32 PM
    You need to go to the BIS page on a computer not your device. Before you go to BIS go to Options>Advanced Options>HostRoutingTable>Menu>Register Now. Then go to the BIS page and resend service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 09:45 PM
    I just did. Do I power down with a battery pull. I still have the 4.5 on desktop manager.
    07-22-08 09:52 PM
    I just did. Do I power down with a battery pull. I still have the 4.5 on desktop manager.
    In the directions I gave, I said nothing about a power down or battery pull.
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>HostRoutingTable>Menu>register Now
    Then go to the BIS page and resend the service books. After you get the service books, look and see if it's fixed.
    07-22-08 10:09 PM
    Nothing changed. Its still the same thats why I asked about the battery. I seen that since it didnt work maybe I should power cycle it. I dont know what else to do.
    07-22-08 10:11 PM
    Try deleting the accounts on the BIS page and readding them. Also, you are not going to the BIS page on your device are you?
    07-22-08 10:16 PM
    Can I take my BB Curev to T-Mobile and have someone update my OS to 4.5 for me? At least that way if it gets screwed up they can figure it out. It doesn't look too hard to do it myself, but I've heard a few horror stories and not sure if I want to take the chance.
    07-22-08 10:18 PM
    No from the internet site. Ill try removing the email accounts from there and adding them again. Do you know why my bb browser isnt working through
    07-22-08 10:18 PM
    Can I take my BB Curev to T-Mobile and have someone update my OS to 4.5 for me? At least that way if it gets screwed up they can figure it out. It doesn't look too hard to do it myself, but I've heard a few horror stories and not sure if I want to take the chance.
    If your phone is Tmo Italy yes otherwise they have not officially released the OS and can not help you your on your own, well we're here to help at least.
    07-22-08 10:25 PM
    I have AT&T. Should I put the older one back on.
    07-22-08 10:29 PM
    One quick thing to note. I just installed the Italy OS, did all the "resending" steps mentioned above, and noticed that things didn't change. However, when I took a prior HTML email (not properly formatted) and sent it to myself again, all was well!

So, the NEW html emails that arrive after you resend the service books should be fine. Try what I did as explained above and let me know if that works.
    07-22-08 10:29 PM
    Should I download that one on top of what I have now with my desktop manager. Cause when I downloaded that before I lost my desktop manager.
    07-22-08 10:33 PM
    At this moment, maybe u should rest and hold on for DM 4.3..
    for me what i will do:
    priority(check the provider 1.(network issue)2.(account has been barred or not)
    1.delete and resend service book/re-integration of email
    2.HRT (wireless reg)
    3.check the firewall (whether BIS is blocked or not)
    4.Sent a test email to check the delivery confirmation (in the subject please put <confirm>)
    5.check whether the MSG folder it's hide or not
    6.last is wipe handheld

happy to help
    07-22-08 11:10 PM
    How do I delete the service book. The other two are fine. I check with the provider and thats not an issue.
    07-22-08 11:15 PM
    This is just the icing on the cake. Now curve is deleting text messages before I can open them. Yet there is a number with an envelope at the top of my phone like there is one needed to be opened. I checked the call log and the messages one. And have them separated so text and mms come in one. I think my phone hates me
    07-22-08 11:29 PM
    I just uploaded the 4.5 devise so now I have both the devise and desktop verison. How do I make my phone pick up the devise verison
    07-23-08 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD