I'm joing this conversation- followed the directions to change the browser homepage to MSN. But now whenever I hit the browser icon all I get is the configuration page!!! How do I get online?
    08-30-08 11:29 PM
    You have to close out the browser properly , either select menu/close or hold the escape key and close the browser. Then you can relaunch from home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:31 PM
    Or simlpy back out of the menus one by one

08-30-08 11:32 PM
    I'm joing this conversation- followed the directions to change the browser homepage to MSN. But now whenever I hit the browser icon all I get is the configuration page!!! How do I get online?
    Are you having the same problem with not being able to change your browser's home page?
    08-30-08 11:41 PM
    I have 4.5.0.77 on my 8330 with sprint and BIS (vs BES). I out of curiousity from reading this thread changed my homepage from sprint's default page to google. I exited the browser using menu > close so that I could open a new session to make sure the setting was retained. Is everyone having the issue on BES with .77 and 8330s?

08-31-08 03:36 AM
    This is not affecting all with 4.5, only some
    08-31-08 05:13 AM
    I have seen BIS and BES , with this problem. All .77 and not sure if they're all 8330 or not (on wap and hard to keep track of who has what)

08-31-08 12:03 PM
    Thanks GrandMasterB. That's where the problem is leaning towards.

To update, I've discovered some other things.

1. I only have a browser icon, and not both the Internet Browser and Blackberry Browser icons.

2. In Browser Options, I cannot change it to Internet Browser. When I do, it reverts it immediately back to Blackberry Browser.

So that said, it looks like something with our BES. I'm going to see what I need to do to set it up so that I have both the Internet and Blackberry browser icons. I've only have the one icon since I moved to a different BES a couple months back and was running a 7130e with 4.2, so the lack of Internet/Blackberry Browser icons isn't the result of 4.5.
    08-31-08 12:49 PM
    Thanks GrandMasterB. That's where the problem is leaning towards.

To update, I've discovered some other things.

1. I only have a browser icon, and not both the Internet Browser and Blackberry Browser icons.

2. In Browser Options, I cannot change it to Internet Browser. When I do, it reverts it immediately back to Blackberry Browser.

So that said, it looks like something with our BES. I'm going to see what I need to do to set it up so that I have both the Internet and Blackberry browser icons. I've only have the one icon since I moved to a different BES a couple months back and was running a 7130e with 4.2, so the lack of Internet/Blackberry Browser icons isn't the result of 4.5.
    I'm confused here. How many browsers are you using. The BB browser is the internet browser but your sentences reads like they're 2 seperate things.
    08-31-08 12:55 PM
    Lex is right, when most of us click our world (browser) icon, we go to the BlackBerry homepage -- that's BlackBerry's default homepage. Now, in addition I have a google search page link and a link to CrackBerry wap. Both of these will get me to the web, but the BB page is the correct starting point. I just thought you wanted to set some other page as your homepage.

08-31-08 06:36 PM
    I have heard this more than once and I was under the impression it was a BES thing to have the 2 seperate browsers????

08-31-08 06:50 PM
    I had the same problem when I upgraded from 4.5.0.52 to 4.5.0.69. It kept going to the blackberry mobile site.

I found a method that fixed it for me though. As strange as it seems, follow this exactly, not sure why it works, but it works although if you change themes you might have to repeat it.

Open browser, it will go to your home page.
    go to google
    Options > browser configuration and change your home page.
    Options > general properties and change default font size to something else.
    Close browser by clicking the options and close. Don't use the back button to close.
    Open browser, it should go to your new home page. You can then change your font size back to whatever it was.

Let me know if that works for you, it did for me although i have mine set to go to "start" page.
    I had the same problem today, found your thread and it worked! I have no idea why, but right now I don't care. bythe way I'm on an 8130 running .77. Thanks, I can always count on somebody at Crackberry.
    10-17-08 08:07 PM
    Thanks also from me!

I had to deal with a crappy Tmo homepage all the time.
    10-23-08 07:31 AM
    Yeaah thnx m3sum it worked for me too!!! thnx uuuuu
    11-26-08 09:12 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD