So does anybody have a beta copy for the 8300???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 07:26 PM
    Another question. haha

Is the 8800 rom the same as the 8830 rom or not? Is there a seperate rom?

Thanks in advance!
    03-31-08 07:30 PM
    So does anybody have a beta copy for the 8300???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rumor has it you can use the 8320 4.5b on the 8300.

Another question. haha

Is the 8800 rom the same as the 8830 rom or not? Is there a seperate rom?

Thanks in advance!
    No because the 8830 is CDMA and there isn't a CDMA 4.5b released/leaked yet.
    03-31-08 07:40 PM
    No because the 8830 is CDMA and there isn't a CDMA 4.5b released/leaked yet.
    Makes total sense. Thanks.
    03-31-08 07:42 PM
    Bla1ze,
    could you save the recording on Media card and NOT SENDING IT to anyone, Just safe it like plain vanilla phone? and not as a ringtone?
    ( ringtone only has 30 s)

Yes you can save it to the memory card, you dont have to send it to anyone.
    03-31-08 09:34 PM
    Hey Bla1ze,
    I got one question. My thing is that I like to watch videos while I'm in flight, great way to pass time watching Califonication
    On the 8310, the keyboard lights never time out/turn off in low light conditions, just wondering if they might have considered this in the new OS.
    Certainly would conserve battery life as I have to turn the brightness of the display up to keep the keyboard lights from washing out the display.
    Would be really nice if the keyboard lights would time out and or a hot key to turn the keyboard lights off.
    So just curious if you noticed if they just happened to change that by chance, If not, any one in peticular at RIM I should send an email

Cheers,
    Corey

haven't noticed where they have changed this as of yet...but I did read somewhere that it was something that was going to be addressed...i'll see if I can find t again and post it.
    03-31-08 09:35 PM
    Bla1ze - agree, nice review and thanks for all the eye candy.

Is BT A2DP supported in the video player? I suspect not, but just had to ask.
    I can't say for certain as I don;t have a bluetooth headset, but Ronens review at BerryReview ndicates no and his was coming off of an 8319 so I think it's safe to say the same would apply to the 8300
    03-31-08 09:38 PM
    i have the 4.5beta too and the best thing about it that you seemingly left out is the dimension L theme.. that thing is awesome i love it.. also i havnt had any problems with the os yet however i dnt use the internet so i didnt test youtube or empower.

It's nice to have the dimension L, but who needs it when John over @ GadgetBean makes nicer, more colorful versions of it
    03-31-08 09:40 PM
    Wow looks great, can't wait!! Thanks
    03-31-08 09:42 PM
    Nice writeup! Learned some stuff I didn't know like being able to hide folders! But how do you unhide them?
    You highlight an icon (any "media" icon) press your menu key and choose the option of "explore", it drops you into your media card, you can then press on your menu key and choose the option of "show hidden".
    03-31-08 09:43 PM
    m.youtube works fine on my end...can't wait for the final release!

Update!

okay i see what you mean, now i realized that i can only get m.youtube to work while on WiFi but not on EDGE....some other user have it the other way...oh well...
    Initially (over the weekend), I could only watch youtube when the Wi-Fi radio was turned off and I was on EDGE, but after reading posts today like yours, I got curious to try it out again. The problem seems to have rectified itself; I can now watch youtube with either Wi-Fi or EDGE.
    03-31-08 10:07 PM
    You highlight an icon (any "media" icon) press your menu key and choose the option of "explore", it drops you into your media card, you can then press on your menu key and choose the option of "show hidden".
    Thanks Bla1ze!
    03-31-08 11:00 PM
    Is each carrier going to release 4.5 OS at different times? If T-Mobile hasn't released it yet.... could I still download it from BB website?
    03-31-08 11:20 PM
    Great review Bla1ze...

I am in the process of wiping my handheld... I send a mms to someone today and it went through. Then I attempted to start a new mms with the same pics to someone else, and my handheld kept restarting... can't be good. Only difference is the first was to a phone # and the second was to an email. I went to my sent mms and forwarded the email to the email and it worked.

03-31-08 11:50 PM
    [QUOTE=cneugebauer;220931]Rumor has it you can use the 8320 4.5b on the 8300.

I was told that you can't. Have to find OS 4.5 for specific model. I have found them all (OS 4.5 for 8300, 8310 and 8320) for myself and friends.
    07-29-08 10:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD