When I go to my browser settings there are only options for

Internet Browser
    t-zone
    t-zone
    hotspot browser

How can I browse the web point 2 0 with my wifi?
    07-23-08 02:37 AM
    Are you goin to the Manage Connections icon? Im running the .52 and thats how I use my wifi from my home (or anywhere else). ANd I have to say the wifi is impressively fast. No problems streaming or surfing
    07-23-08 02:41 AM
    Exactly... I setup my home wifi and it's sweet! The phone should be setup for WiFi prevailance and if you're in range of your personal (or any hotsopt/open wifi) your phone should use it for UMA & browsing.
    07-23-08 03:12 AM
    So I have tmobile $20 unlimited blackberry plan. I have wireless internet as well. At home I am on uma the whole time. I don't know what the difference is I suppose also what advantage is UMA over normal cellphone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 04:21 AM
    Also have the 8320 wifi bb

07-23-08 04:24 AM
    I am on UMA.. i am connected to my home network.. but I can't change it so my browser uses the wifi it's on EDGE..
    07-23-08 05:04 AM
    [QUOTE=Cixdk;525525]So I have tmobile $20 unlimited blackberry plan. I have wireless internet as well. At home I am on uma the whole time. I don't know what the difference is I suppose also what advantage is UMA over normal cellphone?

Your UMA calls don't count against your minutes. You can save a ton. I do find that I have dropped some calls. I just signed up for TMo @ home. I am getting all of the features I had with Qwest on my landline plus unlimited nationwide calls! UMA is good, @home is better.
    As for not having an internet option, mine went away after an upgrade, but it came back after I sent service books.
    Last edited by exelant; 07-23-08 at 09:13 AM.
    07-23-08 05:42 AM
    Yeah, i just looked at my settings, i don't have the wi-fi option on mine either , and i have 4.5. although, when at home, it does switch to UMA right away.weird
    07-23-08 08:30 AM
    Here's the link for those of you who haven't followed it, and those who are still having problems. After you do these steps, you can post questions and bmc will answer them. His advice is very good and he helped me solve all my problems.

It does sound as if all of you need to resend service books. Search the stickys for those instructions - and don't forget to do a battery pull.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    07-23-08 09:20 AM
    When I go to my browser settings there are only options for

Internet Browser
    t-zone
    t-zone
    hotspot browser

How can I browse the web point 2 0 with my wifi?
    Unlicensed Mobile Access is a feature that allows you to transmit voice and data over the Internet, instead of the carriers network.

It is a solution the poor signal strength problem and a magic bullet for those that need to use their device while traveling internationally. With UMA, you can use your UMA connection with out incurring international roaming charges.... sweet!

The above mentioned thread, Complete Wifi How-To, will guide you through the setup and configuration steps.
    07-23-08 10:01 AM
    Check out the link in my signature for the WiFi Guide (as others have referenced)

This will walk you through the necessary steps to configure your device for WiFi. It also answers basic questions about UMA within the FAQ section

Hope that helps!
    07-23-08 10:06 AM
    I set it to the hotspot browser save it do a battery pull (even if I just exit out of the browser and go back in) it goes back to "t-zone" setting.

I've read bmcclures guide before and I had WiFi on my browser set correctly before as well.
    07-23-08 01:58 PM
    Same here my Wifi is set correctly but there isn't an option to select it when browsing.

This is very weird , I think it's a bug guys I tried almost everything and all I can think of is a bad OS.

I mean what else could it be.

I also can't open and stream videos from youtube or bluemobi. I have the embeded media checked. But I think it has to do with the network. Wifi and BB service conflict.

Can we 8320's get a little love over here. lol
    08-08-08 09:24 PM
    I set it to the hotspot browser save it do a battery pull (even if I just exit out of the browser and go back in) it goes back to "t-zone" setting.

I've read bmcclures guide before and I had WiFi on my browser set correctly before as well.
    Mine does that also. I have found that I can change it to hotspot browser and then exit out and check it again and its on internet browser again. The issue is because it doesn't ask you to save changes. I find that if I hit the enter key a couple of times after I choose hot spot and then exit out it will ask me to save and that fixes the issue. Hope I understood your problem correctly and this answers your question

08-09-08 08:06 PM
    Man I'm still confused, does the 4.5 OS have the Wifi optin in Browser configuration yes or no.
    Now I'm confused again can't figure out if when Wifi on, How do I know which srevice is being used.

Because of the no option it's almost impossible to tell which one is being used.

PLEASE HELP ME ANYONE.
    08-09-08 09:50 PM
    yes, its called Hotspot browser now.. not WIFI Browser.. They changed the name of the setting.. thats all.
    08-10-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD