As most of you know the links for 4.5.0.102 got shut down and its a hit or miss to find it again. Well shortly on BerryReview.com a new link for the 4.5.0.102 AT&T Beta (Im on AT&T and got excited) found online. It does have AT&T Beta at the end. I'm downloading it now and will post whats in the vendor.xml, probably nothing since its a beta. Nice speed during DL. Really hope its an AT&T Beta.

File date shows 11-4-08

@ 64% Now.

BlackBerry 8310 OS 4.5.0.102 Release 139 Platform 2.7.0.85 (AT&T Beta).exe
    Size On Disk: 86.9MB
    Last edited by ghostshell; 11-20-08 at 02:25 PM. Reason: done DL file
    11-20-08 02:18 PM
    I'm watching this one. I have .102 beta on my 8310 now but will try the at&t suffix.
    After your full report of course. :-o

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 05:19 PM
    What's the link?
    11-20-08 05:28 PM
    ^^^^^you're not allowed to ask for links to beta software on here. maybe try this Google
    11-20-08 05:54 PM
    You'll find it using google. I did.

11-20-08 06:34 PM
    Eight, you probably wouldn't see any difference at all between your 102 and the other. Probably better off waiting for the next bump. Apploader won't see it to upgrade your device because it is not an upgrade -- you'd need to instigate a load after deleting the vendor xlm file. If you decide to do it, I pasted instructions below from the 101.

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file to install the desired OS to your PC.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install

Last edited by exelant; 11-20-08 at 08:10 PM.
    11-20-08 08:07 PM
    Thanks for the post. What is in the vendor.XML file on this one??

I got pretty excited over the at&t suffix.
    The .102 beta I have been running has been nearly perfect on this 8310. I find absolutely no issues aside from the "about" screen bug all of the 4.5 OS seem to have.

I hope you have as much good luck with this version as I have with mine!!

11-20-08 09:02 PM
    Thanks, I did locate it (but saw no AT&T Beta marking on the file) as well as .99. Does it make any difference for AT&T which version? I've looked at all of the threads and have decided to try CrackMem to do the loading vice some of the manual procedures listed (this is myfirst attempt). Other question is this, when I do the backup, does that also backup the OS (I've got 4.2.2.170)? I've tried to locate the official AT&T version, but can't seem to find it, any .170 version will work? Thanks!
    11-20-08 09:17 PM
    The AT&T marking is at the end of the file, i just wonder why it doesnt look like a normal file name. BerryReview checked and its just the same beta as before with AT&T at the end of it, wonder why the person that uploaded it put AT&T at the end.
    11-21-08 09:20 AM
    about to post my memory leak reaport for 4.0.5.99 after running it for a week, like the performance, no glitches that i saw, but i didnt go through every app. Going to install the 4.5.0.102 that had AT&T in the file name and see how it goes. Vendor.xml is shows nothing since its a beta, also no digi sig which confims its a beta.
    11-21-08 09:23 AM
    According to the site referenced this is a BETA that was previously.
    It won't be any different than any other .102 that is floating out there.
    The AT&T labeling was apparently an error.
    11-21-08 09:29 AM
    According to the site referenced this is a BETA that was previously.
    It won't be any different than any other .102 that is floating out there.
    The AT&T labeling was apparently an error.
    Yup, thats what is says a couple posts up and on BerryReview.
    11-21-08 09:36 AM
    AG is right. I recommend not changing one .102 for another, especially if your device is running well. Eight, the vendor file is a file that stops one from installing an OS not official for their device. One would eliminate it so one can upgrade their OS.
    11-21-08 09:40 AM
    Yup, thats what is says a couple posts up and on BerryReview.
    Sorry about that shell, I missed your previous post. My bad
    11-21-08 09:54 AM
    10-4 on the Vendor.xml. I thought maybe you peeked at it and found some at&t goodies hidden within. ;-)

I guess we will keep our .102 until the big blue ball releases theirs.

11-21-08 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD