I just purchased my first BB, a Curve 8320. I upgraded the os to 4.5.0.102 which adds video camera functionality to the non video camera 8320. It semed okay till I tried to use the video. I recorded okay but the light would still come on even with the video off, then I put it in it's case to put unit into sleep mode and the light would still come on. I did a soft reset, reinserted battery, but it still came on (even in pouch). It finally stopped, but I do not know what made it stop and I am afraid to use it again. I also added a 8gb card to the bb today I think, but I could be mistaken, that when I formatted the card, it may have stopped the light.

Am I right, crazy, or just plain ignant? What made it malfunction and what made it stop? Is it safe to use again or should I just leave it alone? Should I downgrade to original os, can I even do that?
    11-18-08 10:01 PM
    yipes!!! i would reccomend a downgrade my friend!!! but dont do it yet u wanna poke around with your cb 1st and see if you may be able to solve the glitch...did you try going into the vid cam settings and turning the flash on and of via settings? and 8gb fixed it perhaps sounds about right the 83xx series...dropped mine in water and it fried...but i brought it back just doing random things!! hope i can help...
    11-19-08 04:04 AM
    Remove the Media Card. See if this fixes the problem. HAve a look ate this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/os-...ia-card-43159/

You wil lmost likely need to re-format the Media Card in the phone after the upgrade. So do a backup of the Card before you start.
    11-19-08 05:30 AM
    I reformatted my 2g media card after the upgrade kept hanging on the hourglass. Works perfectly now.
    11-19-08 08:09 AM
    I upgraded to .102 and didn't have any problems with media.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 10:46 AM
    No problems here with bb or media at all. 8320 4.5.0.102

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD