I just got my curve 8330 about 2 weeks ago, and was trying to decide if i should upgrade or not. Therefore whats the difference was bewteen the 4.3 os that i have now and the new 4.5 os?????????????? thanks!
    09-27-08 07:32 AM
    Hmm... Well, here is what's new on BB.com

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Device Software

But I don't know if that is going from 4.2 or 4.3 though.

I like 4.5, I just upgraded today and am really happy with it.
    Last edited by Silverwings2005; 09-27-08 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Wrong OS versions.. lol
    09-27-08 07:51 AM
    4.5 offers some differences over 4.3 such as supporting html email , video camera and doc2go. That said I would suggest spending more time getting used to your BB before thinking of upgrading. I would also suggest making yourself aware and comfortable with the upgrade process before moving forward. Use this site as a learning resource.

Most importantly enjoy your curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 07:57 AM
    gritmaster is right. If you do not know the difference then you really don't know enough to ugrade.

Do some forum searches and learn your phone before you embark on the OS upgrade path.

When you understand terms like Vendor.xml, CrackMem, JL_Cmder and JVM error 507 then will be the time to consider and upgrade.

I am not trying to put you down or to be nasty - really. On CrackBerry we have seen many new members who have reall disasters when trying to upgrade before they know enough to to get out of trouble.
    09-27-08 09:25 AM
    Along with the other comments, why upgrade unless there is a need.

I upgraded for Docs to To and the rest came with it. If you have no need for the upgrades, just wait for it to become available here.

Along with the Docs to Go I also received an updated Media Player, but the Media Player upgrade was somewhat killed by a lower volume on the speaker.
    09-27-08 09:30 AM
    I just got my curve 8330 about 2 weeks ago, and was trying to decide if i should upgrade or not. Therefore whats the difference was bewteen the 4.3 os that i have now and the new 4.5 os?????????????? thanks!
    Well if you do the math the answer is .2 but really, the two guys above above are correct. Keep in mind that no US carrier has offically released 4.5 yet and they are considered beta. Some have had good luck and other have nightmares with the upgrade.

Learn your phone first and then do the upgrade.
    09-27-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD