OK this is a weird one I have had three phones in 4 days do this and wondering if this has happened to anyone else when I call a phone number and a automated system picks up if I have to dial #4 or #0 they don't do anything I have to wait like 15 mins for a live rep to pick up. It's always the same keys and they dont register at all I had done everything to fix this problem hard reset, wiped it, 3 times and didn't put anything back on it not even my address book, had it reprogramed,set it back to factory setting everything it always goes back to doing the same thing on all three bbcurves 8330 I dont know what else to do. The only thing I can think of now is could it be the 4.5.131 my desktop manager redownloaded it the minute it hooked it up to my computer without any prompts UUUGGGHHH any suggestions would be great
    04-21-09 08:28 PM
    Funny you mention this.
    I was calling a company on my Curve the other day, where I had to press a number and then the # key for certain menu items. None of it went through, kept getting an automated response from the Company's system that my response (numbers pressed plus #) could not be understood. It went on so long I was eventually automatically put through to a C.S. rep, because even hitting "0" (which often gets an operator or CS rep) got nothing.
    I have OS 4.5.0.77
    04-21-09 09:21 PM
    Periwinkle, when you enter the # don't press Alt, just press Q.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 09:33 PM
    Ditto... Been there, done that.
    04-21-09 09:34 PM
    Donna, when you say wipe, is that the wipe handheld done on the BB or a wipe with JL Commander or Crackmem?

They aren't the same.

For your problem, a complete wipe of the OS is in order. I would also remove the .131 OS from yor PC using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, then redownload/install 4.5.0.131 and reinstall using loader.exe (remove vendor.xml if applicable first).

04-21-09 09:37 PM
    So I geuss no help for me cause nobody can figure it out not even RIM
    04-21-09 09:38 PM
    See my reply above.

04-21-09 09:40 PM
    Donna, when you say wipe, is that the wipe handheld done on the BB or a wipe with JL Commander or Crackmem?

They aren't the same.

For your problem, a complete wipe of the OS is in order. I would also remove the .131 OS from yor PC using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs, then redownload/install 4.5.0.131 and reinstall using loader.exe (remove vendor.xml if applicable first).

did all of that to I am in the process of uninstalling my DM right now and reinstalling it from the disk but it keeps pushing me to update to 4.5.131 so I will see if this works
    04-21-09 09:40 PM
    I just reinstalled DM and did another handheld wipe on the BB and reinstall 4.3 and see if this helps
    04-21-09 10:43 PM
    Like I said earlier, a wipe on the handheld isn't the same as wiping the OS completely off your BB with JL Commander. You get a clean slate, if you will by wiping with JL Commander.

And I don't think you need to go down to 4.3 for this problem yet.

04-21-09 10:49 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Wiping on your handheld just wipes your contacts, messeges and 3rd party apps and themes, it leaves your OS intact.

04-21-09 10:51 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Wiping on your handheld just wipes your contacts, messeges and 3rd party apps and themes, it leaves your OS intact.

yes I know
    I did that earlier it didnt work it came back with 4.5 again I tring again nothing is working the way it should so I just got rid of everything
    04-21-09 11:05 PM
    Finally got 4.3 back in after getting rid of all my BB software and staring over yes I even re-downloaded JL Cmder the DM and the 4.3 software no trace of 4.5 in my computer yet if it starts working right I wait to redownload 4.5 I cant deal wit this anymore tonight thanks everyone
    04-21-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD