I downloaded the demo of bbsmart last night, not quite what I thought but I like it nonetheless.

Does anybody know if this program uses a lot more data? I'm assuming that HTML is more data heavy than the normal BB format?

Also are there any full on email clients? Or maybe there is a better way to organize the inbox on the existing one? With a 15 day minimum on messages it can be a real chore scrolling from the first to last message and then back up again as it does not reset to the top. Are there any better ways of organising mail on BB?

Thanks
    07-23-08 03:35 AM
    I have tried bbsmart and it was not for me, and it is not yet OS 4.5 compatible, I switched to Empower Empower BlackBerry HTML Email Viewer IMO its great much better than BBsmart and intergrates well with 4.5 OS and its very customisable.

Free trial at the above link.

I am not 100% sure but I would say yes HTML involves usuing more data, I see you are on orange UK same as me, I have there unlimited package so dont worry about data, if you dont have it I would get it if you can, IMO well worth it.

Hope this helps.
    07-23-08 04:39 AM
    Empower is nice. I see that you are on Orange. Why don't you upgrade to the 4.5 OS?? It will enable you to have HTML emails. Also, it has a security feature in which you have to press menu>get image in order to see the HTML images. Which will let you control the amount of data that you use.
    07-23-08 07:17 AM
    I have the 8310 which I bought sim free so I don't think the update on oranges site applies. Also am I right in thinking that most of my themes will not work as they do now?

I am also on Mac (I do have parallels) and do not want to risk messing the thing up. Right now it works and I'd need a pretty compelling reason to risk it, if there was an official upgrade on the BB site I may consider it. Are the benefits really just HTML mail and video capture or is there anything else?
    07-23-08 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD