I acquired a used BB Curve 3100. I was told all it needed was a new battery.

So I bought a new battery, and put it in. The red LED light started to come on, stay on for a few seconds, and blink, and repeat. However the phone would not turn on.

I hooked it up to my HP laptop via USB and scanned the internet for hours, trying everything I came across. I attempted to wipe it using JL_Cmder, and I'm not sure if it worked or not, but it seemed to. I downloaded the Desktop Manager and the 3100 handheld software OS for the PC.

I bring up my device manager and it shows the BB connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. I saw on alot of pages about nuked berrys that you just had to catch them at the right second in the AppLoader, which I did and everything seemed to go fine.

But whenever I attempt to install the OS, via the AppLoader or DM, I get the error message [A:0x0000000E] and it says something about connectivity.

Still, the only reaction I get from the BB is the red blinking LED, even when hooked up to my laptop. But my laptop somewhat recognizes the BB.

If anyone has any ideas or help they'd be immensely appreciated. I'm frustrated to the point of tears.
    07-20-10 12:50 AM
    I've never seen this personally on a blackberry, however, I have seen similar issues on many an external hard drive... I would say to try a different cable if you haven't already... it could be a faulty one, or in a much more somber situation, possibly the usb mini connector inside the curve...

another thing to try is rubbing alcohol on the connector... be sure to pull the battery before using a q-tip to apply it, and be gentle, if you force it into the phone it is likely to damage it.

Do the same for the cable you are using, it's a bit more durable than the usb port on the phone so a little pressure for a decent scrub should be safe...

worst case scenario, and nothing works, Let me know. I will ask around the office tomorrow and see if any of the electronics engineers have any ideas.

best of luck,
    Danny
    07-20-10 01:00 AM
    I'm going to try that right now.

Do you think it has anything to do with my laptop USB ports being the problem?
    07-20-10 01:06 AM
    I'm going to try that right now.

Do you think it has anything to do with my laptop USB ports being the problem?
    I would say that it's highly unlikely that all of your laptop ports are not functioning simultaneously... I've been in the computer field for almost 12 years, and I haven't seen that one yet...

Keep me posted I'll be up for another 50 minutes or so.

Cheers,
    Danny
    07-20-10 01:12 AM
    I'm still getting from the AppLoader..

An error has occurred while updating your device's software.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x0000000E]

Please try the following:

- Disconnect your device and restart your computer.
    - Restart the loading process.
    07-20-10 01:21 AM
    Well, If you are in the states, I could mail you my old curve 8320... it's locked to Tmobile, and it's a bit worn, and it traded push to talk for wifi... PM me if you're interested and I'll upgrade it to the latest compatible OS.

It has a working battery, a charger and I can dig up a functional USB cable for it too.

Cheers,
    Danny
    07-20-10 01:28 AM
    I use AT&T, so there'd be the problem of unlocking it.
    07-20-10 01:33 AM
    I use AT&T, so there'd be the problem of unlocking it.
    Pay $9 and get it unlocked....
    07-20-10 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD