My wifes BB Curve 8330 Verizon at least twice a week has this problem. When she gets a call the person calling her can hear her but she cannot hear them. This happens randomly a couple of times a week. It does not make a difference if the call comes from a land line or cell phone. She can still get and send email and text meesages but she cannot hear them. After she does a reboot the phone works. This is the 2nd phone it is doing it on. Any one have any idea what could be causing this. I don't think it could be 2 different phones with the same problem.

Thanks,

Leo
    09-05-08 10:14 AM
    Known issues with sound files from MMS messages. A battery pull will rectify the problem and an upgrade to 4.5 will mean she'll never see it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-08 10:26 AM
    Try *228 and hit send. It will program your phone you'll hear music.

My phone was doing this same thing. But this fixed it. Hope this helps!
    09-05-08 12:08 PM
    my alltel curve did that multiple times and the speaker was bad so i took it back for another one. my new one did it once and after a battery pull it worked fine and i haven't had it happen again. its extremely annoying though. try the battery pull and the 228 programing then see what happens.
    09-05-08 01:17 PM
    Thanks for all your help. I have done the *228 and pulled the battery several times a week and still the problem exists. What troubles me is that it happened on two different phones which leads me to believe it is a chip releated issue. I have my own Curve and have never had the issue my wife's curve has. Same OS, same Carrier. The only difference is her ring tones and alerts for emails and text messages. Could that be the issue. Is it possible that one of them is corrupt somehow.

Leo
    09-06-08 12:10 PM
    THis may not be device issue. Call VZW TS (800-922-0204) and have them reset the account, if this does not resolve it. THen the issue will be escalated to the Network group for review.

Make sure to tell them that this is second device. Also tell them that you do not get the MMS with sounds if you do not.
    09-06-08 12:17 PM
    If a battery pull fixes my problem every time, do i need to go to verizon wireless, tell them about it, and get a new one, or no?
    09-19-08 12:13 PM
    If a battery pull fixes my problem every time, do i need to go to verizon wireless, tell them about it, and get a new one, or no?
    Might also want to look at your memory... how much is free... if you are running low look in the how to section to find some memory cleanup procedures... not sure, but that might help since a battery pull does free up some of you memory.
    09-19-08 12:27 PM
    Might also want to look at your memory... how much is free... if you are running low look in the how to section to find some memory cleanup procedures... not sure, but that might help since a battery pull does free up some of you memory.
    Will check it out. Thank you!
    09-19-08 01:48 PM
    kvaughan has the correct answer.

This is a known issue when certain non-BlackBerry sound clips are interrupted during playback, the speaker is not released.

The quick work around is to activate Voice Activated Dialing. That will free up the speaker.

You can prevent it from happening by letting audio clips play to completion.

The issue will be corrected when you are able to update your device OS.
    09-19-08 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD