I was wondering how to get rid of the mysterious 1x missed call logo bec clearly I do not have a missed call. Second, how do I chat using the BB Messenger? I figured this might be easier to chat with my husband rather than texting. Is that what the PIN is for?

Thanks!!

PS: LOVIN!!!!!!! the crack here at the berry!!
    01-09-09 02:46 PM
    Battey pull SHOULD clear it, device on, take out battery for about 20 secs, replace, if not, call your phone, let it miss, then clear the log.

First you need his PIN, open up BBM, menu key, add contact, now you want to add by pin, enter it, it will send him a request (assuming he has a BB too), he will accept, appear in your list, and you are on yhour way

it uses data, so you can save your texts to him if you dont have unlimited
    01-09-09 02:48 PM
    Yes. That is what your PIN is for. Put his PIN in you address book contact for him. Then open BBM and hit the men(BB) button and select Add Contact.
    01-09-09 02:49 PM
    Man, you beat me to it Rachel.
    01-09-09 02:50 PM
    Thanks!! As for the missed call thing, I tried everything!!! Grrr..... I even went to VZW and they said they have heard a lot about this phantom missed call, but they and the reps at VZW (the peeps on the phone) did not even know what to do about it.
    HMMMM...PHANTOM MISSED CALL 1x
    01-09-09 04:29 PM
    Open DM, plug your phone into in, click back up and restore, advanced, on the right side you will see device database, scroll to where you see phone log or call log, something like that, clear the database.
    01-09-09 04:39 PM
    To the OP, are you seeing the Missed Call Icon or are you seeing 1x on your screen?
    01-09-09 05:38 PM
    Mine shows as 1x(phone receiver) when I miss one.
    01-09-09 05:39 PM
    Hi to all of my fellow crackberry members, I am new to this sight but not the blackberry and I must say I am very impressed with everybody's knowledge; which is why I am confident that with this little problem I have with my New Blackberry Storm, that someone will be able to help me!!! I am not a Verizon customer, so I need to get my phone unlocked so I can use this gorgeous thing, the person I bought it from tried to get it unlocked and was told they have a new law that the phone has to be active on an account for 60 days before they will unlock it, so these nice people couldn't do it for me, does anybody have any advice on how I can get it unlocked without paying some service $40-$60 to do it??????
    Thank you very much (ahead of time!)
    01-09-09 05:45 PM
    If your friend has had verizon acct for more than 60 or 90 days, they dont have to give a code (and be in good standing too)

He could call back and say hes travelling overseas, that might get you somewhere.

You could also (long shot) call tmobile and they may give you a code.
    01-09-09 05:54 PM
    Just be nice and do what Rachel said, you are travelling out of the country...
    01-09-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD