1st. -my curve has recently decided to use a different notification tone for voicemails. it just changed to "light speed" one day. it still says that it's on the right profile but...

2nd. -I can't seem to figure out how to get the phone to automatically recognize my bluetooth headset. like when I get in the car or whatever. I have to open bluetooth access and start up the connection. I'm sure it's some simple setting that I missed.

Thanks
    01-16-09 05:01 PM
    i can answer #2, go to the Manager Connections, make sure Bluetooth is enabled (check), just like the network option, then once the device is added, the first time it connects after the setup it will give you Yes, No and a checkbox toward the bottom to always allow the connection, check the box and it will auto connect when the device is turned on/located. I have mine linked to my in-car bluetooth, after i added it, checked the auto connect, everytime i get in my can and turn it on it connects to my BB.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 01-16-09 at 05:31 PM.
    01-16-09 05:26 PM
    As for the 1st question....

Did you possibly change Themes? Maybe go from Zen to Today or L. If so and you had some custom profile settings they will not carry over to the new theme?

No input on the 2nd question.

David
    01-16-09 05:28 PM
    i tried pairing my headset again and the bb did not give me the option to always allow the connection. only pair: yes or no. Any other ideas?
    p.s. I did not change themes.
    Last edited by Gabble Ratchet; 01-16-09 at 06:07 PM.
    01-16-09 05:52 PM
    Click on the "Options"icon,

Click on "Bluetooth" in the menu,

Click on the "Options" button (button with the Blackberry logo) and then click on "Enable Bluetooth" in the pop-up menu,

Once enabled click on the "Options" button again and then click on "Options" in the pop-up menu,

Make sure "Discoverable" is checked "Yes",

Make sure "Allow Outgoing Calls" is on "Always,

Make sure "Connect on Power Up" is on "Yes",

Finally - make sure all of he check boxes are checked at the bottom.

Save changes and you, hopefully. should be good to go?

David
    01-16-09 06:11 PM
    That did it. Thanks Violator.
    01-16-09 06:26 PM
    Cool

Now as for the ring tone - if you did not change themes - you must have changed something somewhere down the line?

Scroll over and up to the "Sound Profiles" icon and click on it.

Unless you have assigned a custom profile you should be on the "Normal" Profile. If not put it on "Normal" and that was probably the problem.

If it is already on "Normal" scroll down and click on "Advanced" and then scroll down. It should say "Use Active Profile Except For".

Any custom ring tones you may have applied intentionally or unintentionally will show up there. See if maybe you did not accidentally add that ring tone to some one.

If the ring tone seems to be the default ring tone for all calls, or calls not assigned a custom ring tone, - the only answer is you inadvertently applied that somewhere down the line. Just change it back and try not to let it drive you crazy trying to figure out how the heyull that happened!

David
    01-16-09 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD