I have been having problems with the ear piece. It works when it wants to. I gotta do a battery pull to get it to come back on. I saw forums on this and I guess I'm not the only one.
    Next, my task reminder goes off as far as vibrating/ringer, but the the option screen that say dismiss and such doesn't. It works for a while then stops and sometime works after a battery pull.
    I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems and what you did to resolve them.
    08-07-08 08:49 PM
    Sounds like you may just need to take it to the store for them to look at or replace. I had problems with mine freezing and once the software update didn't work (*228), they replaced it.
    08-08-08 08:52 AM
    I have been having problems with the ear piece. It works when it wants to.....
    You are not alone dealing with the no sound issue.

The cause is interrupting certain non-BlackBerry audio clips. The speaker is not released correctly, no sound.

The quick and easy cure is to let voice notes play to compleation. If you do experience the issue, Voice Activated Dialing will force the speaker active again.
    08-08-08 10:09 AM
    I guess I'm gonna go to Verizon today. Half the time they don't know whats going on. I wish there were a store that just does BBs cause I'm gonna get some tech thats like back up the phone and I will wipe it for you.
    I just don't wanna have to pay for the insurance to replace it.
    08-11-08 08:49 AM
    You won't have to pay. That is a manufacturer's defect and VZW should replace your unit no problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 08:51 AM
    I hope thats right shooptek. Cause Its $50 bucks. It sucks cause I set tasks for reminders to do stuff like pay bills.
    08-11-08 09:20 AM
    Well I went back to Verizon and waited two hours for a hard reset. Wow, I am not all impressed with them. I get home and find I still have the issue with tasks reminders and a nice scratch on my screen.
    08-12-08 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD