I upgraded to my first BB less than 2 months ago and now I wonder if I've somehow bricked it with my virgin hands. Help please! TIA.

Device Info:
    - Sprint 8330m
    - 43 ff after reset
    - BIS
    - Combined message folder
    - Bluetooth enabled with connection to BlackBerry 655+ headset
    - No open apps when not in use
    - Deleted unwanted apps either through DM or device

Issues:
    1. Long process time. 45 minutes to reset, boot up, and save calendar/address book records. No latency performing other tasks.
    2. Perpetual search for signal. The device constantly shifts from 1X to 1XEV to 1xev and sometimes off, in no particular order.
    3. App Error 523 reset. After 45-minute reset, an uncaught exception message appears to the effect of net_rim_bluetooth not responding with OK as the only option. Click OK and it will reset again, and again, and so on. Hit esc and and it works "normally" until triggered again. It appears to be connected to #2 because the phone looses the bt connection during its perpetual search even when there isn't a change in one or all of the 3 elements (8330m, bt, and my position).
    4. FileScout can't find device system files. Should these be visible on the device with FileScout if the app is configured to show hidden and system files?
    07-01-09 10:07 PM
    Backup the BB, including 3rd party apps:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Wipe your BB with JL Commander:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Reload the OS.

Restore only your essential databases (Messages, Address Book) using Backup/Restore, Advanced. Restore 3rd party apps.
    07-02-09 12:03 AM
    Thanks for the help. I've downloaded the most current dm and os available for Sprint on BB website and I'm ready to proceed with the exception of 1 concern. Is it possible that some of the 3rd party apps developed for 8330 aren't compatible with the 8330m thus causing havoc on my phone? If this question has never been asked, then I will delete all 3rd party apps I've installed and look for a change in the phone's performance. LMK. Thanks.
    07-03-09 12:17 PM
    It is possible that a 3rd party app is responsible for your BB's strange performance issues. With that in mind, you can only restore the bare minimum in databases to your fresh BB OS installation by using the Backup/Restore Advanced option. Just restore the messages and Address Book databases, and the calendar.

Then for the 3rd party apps, from your backup file, uncheck most of the apps in the restore list and reload them one at a time to your BB to see if any of them are giving you problems. Test between installing/restoring them to your BB.
    07-03-09 01:21 PM
    Will do. I'll post the results. Thanks again.
    07-03-09 02:24 PM
    I've successfully restored all systems, BB apps, 3rd party apps, and all calendar, address book, and messaging data after wiping my 8330m clean. It took a while to restore one 3rd party app at a time just in case one of them was the culprit, but it's purring now with almost 50MB ff. Wahoo!!!

I can't figure out what caused all the issues, but it may have been related to 1) the download of many demo apps and its deletion directly from the device or 2) YouMail, which gave me errors from day 1 and never worked without errors. Either way, YouMail and Documents To Go didn't make the cut and I'll be more careful with demoes in the future.

xliderider (and CX, of course) - thank you for all your help. The instructions were easy to follow and my phone is better than new! Thank goodness for CrackBerry!

A very greatful Abuser.
    07-03-09 08:06 PM
    Glad to hear everything is good now.

It was probably the YouMail app.
    07-03-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD