Is it possible to have 2 lines of service (2 different phone numbers) on one Curve? If so, then is it possible to have one with your provider and one as a voip line on it if given the right credentials?
    01-04-09 08:38 PM
    Not to my knowledge
    01-04-09 09:32 PM
    I tried this with my work and personal lines . . . no go, so i just forwarded one number to my other line.
    01-04-09 09:34 PM
    Is it possible to have 2 lines of service (2 different phone numbers) on one Curve? If so, then is it possible to have one with your provider and one as a voip line on it if given the right credentials?
    Not on a Curve. I don't think any cell phone can do that. Maybe an 8830 (CDMA and GSM) could, but I think if one uses the GSM, the CDMA is turned off.

This could be a growth area for the cell phone companies - it would be nice not to carry two numbers (one for business and another for personal.)
    01-04-09 10:07 PM
    Technically I think the GSM spec allows for such a thing but non of the carrier's have implemented it.
    01-04-09 10:37 PM
    U can do it on cdma phones can't remember details but on blackberry impossible but on a ppc I have heard of ways to do it through editing in epst and on qpst. Hope that helps...this was also so he could use candian nd us providers not exactly what u wanted but it worked for him so maybe simmilair solution

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 11:12 PM
    I used to have 2 lines on my motorola 815 from VZW. Not sure if you can do it on the Curve. I will look for the directions when I get home and see if it will work on my Curve

01-05-09 07:02 AM
    Yeah, can't remeber what phone I had, but was on Verizon about 6 years ago, and my job wanted me to get a phone just for work, not wanting to look like a "wacker" walking around with 2 phones, in addition to my fire pager, I simply added another line to my current phone. Not sure if that is still an option, but may be worth looking into...
    01-05-09 07:08 AM
    Thanks everyone for the responses. I think this would be a nice feature to have on any Blackberry for that matter. Especially being that its a business tool. Hope something comes out like that soon.
    01-06-09 07:45 PM
    I've seen some dual sim card phones, not BB though.

01-06-09 07:52 PM
    Although a 2 line mobile would simplify my life, I REFUSE to give up my Berry. Give me Berry, or give me death...
    01-06-09 07:59 PM
    I know it used to be possible on all Nextels. I have the Sprint/Nextel 8350i, and don't recall seeing anything in the manual about it.

01-06-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD