Hello community
    I noticed that after synchronizing my calender with outlook the appointments on the device are one hour later. If i correct the time on the device and try to resync it wants to change the time in outlook to one hr later than set on the device. What do I need to do?
    Thank you
    08-22-08 06:56 AM
    Not sure. Sounds like daylight savings time related. Check your Outlook settings for that.
    08-22-08 07:02 AM
    Hello community
    I noticed that after synchronizing my calender with outlook the appointments on the device are one hour later. If i correct the time on the device and try to resync it wants to change the time in outlook to one hr later than set on the device. What do I need to do?
    Thank you
    Either your BlackBerry or your PC is set to the wrong time zone and you have selected the "Sync Device time to PC time" option in Desktop Manager. A common mistake is confusing Central America Time with Central Time (US & Canada). Both are GMT-6, but Central America does not observe Daylight Savings Time.

If you set your BlackBerry time source to "Network," and uncheck the "sync to pc time" box in Desktop Manager, you can avoid this problem. But be sure both devices are set to the correct time zone. An exception to this would be a laptop when you are traveling. In that case, it may be more convenient to leave your laptop set to your home time zone and change the time zone on your BlackBerry. If you leave the PC on home time, be sure you are not synching your BlackBerry time to the PC time, or you will have the same problem.

For a complete discussion of BlackBerries and time zones, see the BlackBerry Time Zone Issues link in my sig.
    08-22-08 09:47 PM
    Thank you. It was set to Central America.
    08-23-08 06:56 PM
    You are not the first person to make that mistake. That's why I use it as an example. Glad I could help.
    08-23-08 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD