Please help if you can..I will keep it short as poss.

Be assured that I read through all 27some pages of this thread.

I dl'd the DM4.7. I then dl'd the .110 os from post 1 of this thread.

-I updated the OS through DM4.7. No prob's with the install. (3days ago)
    -I DID NOT back up my 3rd party apps. I fig'd that if i lost them i would know where to get them
    -I did not have the memory card issue.
    -When loaded, I saw nothing about docs to go. Not really worried about that yet.
    -It seemed that the DM4.7 backed up the 3rd party apps automtcly. There were there when the upgrade was finished.

Prior to the upgrade I always had around 17mb ff with apps. google maps, japblite, facebook, myspace, google maps, weathereye, and even a lingo game.

Now i have noticed a memory leak throughout the past days .. I have deleted (from handheld) all third partry apps (except japblite, becuase i cant find it again, but it didn't seem to be "leaky' on the old OS). Now I have like 13984465 ff after a "pull". Not sure if its still leaking . jsut now deleted all that off.

But with nothing on it i should have alot more FF than 13mb?
    Once i start putting those apps back on it will chomp that 13mb quick.
    There is a new Yellow pages app. cannot delete without that CRACKMEM. Trying not to have to use that, but is that what I need to do? Is there a noted mem leak with that yellowpages app?

Possible there is a hardware issue??
    Possible that an app that ran on my older 4.2 os *and didn't leak* can now leak when ran with the .110 os?

Help if you can? Or let me know if you've experience the same. Thanks, NIc

EDIT......
    I opened that japblite app(the last non os app left on my bb. went to options.. it lists all the app prop's.. as well it says..
    36154492 total memory
    26176332 free memory.

Thats what im thinking my phone has, but under bb options-->status it still reads 13933469 FF? what gives.????
    01-14-09 07:09 PM
    I'm thinking that it might be an OS problem. I've never really had any memory leak problems but since updating to .110 I've noticed that my FF has been dropping constantly. I haven't added any new apps since the update so I don't think that its an app problem. I've deleted a couple apps thinking that maybe they were the problem, but the leak remaind.
    So I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 08:16 PM
    that is what my problem is.. jeesh.. back to 4.2 or what ever at&t had "officially".. cant do.. i need an answer.. Im call rim as i type. im up for a renewal. Bold possible.. ill let you know how good my negotiation skill are or aren't.. haha.. either way.. would like to know why i waited for the official release, if it was just crappy official release..
    ???
    01-14-09 08:36 PM
    Your issue isn't the OS. Looking at your total memory I can tell
    you that that is not good. That number should be somewhere
    around 57mb. If yours is only 36mb that is where your problem starts.
    01-14-09 08:53 PM
    never used it but have you tried to enable Memory Cleaning?
    01-14-09 09:06 PM
    Your issue isn't the OS. Looking at your total memory I can tell
    you that that is not good. That number should be somewhere
    around 57mb. If yours is only 36mb that is where your problem starts.
    Exactly what I was going to say. I have an 8310 with .110 and these are my stats:

File Free: 23017412 Bytes
    File Total: 57278464 Bytes
    01-14-09 09:09 PM
    the funny.****ty thing is..
    is when i go to options-->status
    it tells me file free 13xxxxxx but it does not state the total file anywhere?? every other bb(albeit other carriers) it shows file free and total..

I know that there is less memory in the 8310 than the 8330.

I just got off the phone with rim.. they told me to reinstall the .110 os.. BUT THE RIM PPL ARE TELLING ME THAT 13MB IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE AFTER THE UPGRADE.

I don't think that is correct.. If anything, the new os should free up some memory. Unless compression technology is going backwards?!!!!???? anyfurther help would be appreciated..

Looks like crackmem is about to get fired up????....
    01-14-09 09:27 PM
    the funny.sh**ty thing is..
    is when i go to options-->status
    it tells me file free 13xxxxxx but it does not state the total file anywhere?? every other bb(albeit other carriers) it shows file free and total.
    Press and hold the ALT key and type EACE

I just got off the phone with rim.. they told me to reinstall the .110 os.. BUT THE RIM PPL ARE TELLING ME THAT 13MB IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE AFTER THE UPGRADE.
    That is way wrong. After the upgrade I have 26mb free with 20+ apps and
    one third party theme.

Looks like crackmem is about to get fired up????....
    Good place to start.
    01-14-09 09:32 PM
    Try crackmem, otherwise I'd wipe the device and reinstall .110

Something wrong happened along the way.
    01-14-09 09:42 PM
    thank you amazinggracless.

it does say that i have 57mb total..
    so that is taken care of.. now where is it being suck up at?

i dunno if this will help but here are my database sizes..does any look uncommon?(ill just list the ones that contain any amount of memory). pls compair to yours and let me know what yours says..

addy book292/41.6k
    app permissions44/3.2k
    content store25/95.3k
    phone call logs 284/63.6k(allthough i've deleted call logs 3times today??)
    rms databases6/80.2k

Any more help would be super cool.
    01-14-09 09:43 PM
    Your database sizes are fine. My suggestion would be to backup
    your device. Then use JL_CMDER to completely wipe your device.

After that use Crackmem to pare down the OS and then use DM
    to load it up to your phone.
    01-14-09 09:49 PM
    I believe your call log also includes your Missed Calls, are you sure you didn't miss them? I have .110 and I have

File Free: 30753304 Bytes
    File Total: 57278464 Bytes

I delete my texts, emails, call logs, missed calls, browser cache and do a battery pull and I stay with a high number. I don't install anything I don't need. I don't see how you have such a low number. As amazing said, wipe with JL CMDER and then reload the OS make sure you take out all the unnecessary. Use CrackUtil to take out things that you don't need. I used that to delete many things even the AT&T theme. The only things installed on mine are BBMessanger, Brickbreaker, Browser, Email Setup ( I don't believe you can delete that? ), Memopad and Phone. Goodluck.
    01-14-09 10:06 PM
    Hey ncorbay...I have noticed the same thing and I have even moved up to . 124... after a battery pull I have about 12 or 13 megs free....after a day or so I am at 8...I have been scratching my head over this for several days and have not figured it out as of yet. I am working on it and when I get to the bottom of it I'll let you know. I did have all vendor themes unlocked when I first installed .124 but have since removed them I have been playing around with the Blackberry master control program to try and tweek the os but so far no luck.
    01-14-09 10:21 PM
    For me none of these OS's have been really reliable for me, besides the old 4.2 . So here I go downgrading, until a newer one comes out.
    01-14-09 10:24 PM
    For me none of these OS's have been really reliable for me, besides the old 4.2 . So here I go downgrading, until a newer one comes out.
    Trust me on this. 98.5% of the problems people have with the new OS's, be it
    memory issues, app problems etc... have nothing to do with the OS, but with
    something the user did. This I know from experience. After working out my own
    issue with the last 6 versions of 4.5, it is very solid and very stable.

I kept going back to 4.2 until I discovered an odd quirk on my memory card.
    Best thing is to install the OS straight up, leave the memory card out and add
    your apps back one at a time. These steps will help you isolate and correct the
    issue with your OS.
    01-14-09 10:42 PM
    There is a new Yellow pages app. cannot delete without that CRACKMEM. Trying not to have to use that, but is that what I need to do?
    I didn't see any option to remove the YellowPages.com app with CrackMem the last time I ran it. Am I missing something? I'd like that annoying little icon gone.
    01-15-09 02:28 AM
    I couldn't get crackmem to delete anything... (Yes, I did it the right way)
    01-15-09 02:38 AM
    well day 2 working on this mem prob.

i spoke to rim.. they said that 13mb after the stock(as is) .110 os load?

anyone load that os as is?
    what was your file free? remember that the 8310 has less on board mem than the 8320and 8330, im pretty sure..

im at 14mb now.. had to delete my phone call log on three diff. occasions. More kept showing up after a batt pull

seems as though the mem is not leaking, at least for the past 8hours.

i am going to reload the program this weekend.

if someone with a 8310 loaded the as is .110 os, please post your file free (with no other apps), so i can see if the ppl at rim are jsut giving me an"answer", or if it true that only 13-14mb is normal with no apps.

nic
    01-15-09 03:12 PM
    when in doubt wipe and reload. I actually wipe and load the OS when i update.
    01-15-09 03:17 PM
    CrackMem removes the modules, if you loaded the OS, then ran CrackMem afterwards, you will have to reconnect the BB to the DM and run the App Loader and it will remove any modules installed on the BB that CrackMem removed after the fact. Just running CrackMem doesnt delet anything. Either run it before loading the OS or after then rerun the AppLoader.
    01-15-09 03:19 PM
    well day 2 working on this mem prob.

i spoke to rim.. they said that 13mb after the stock(as is) .110 os load?

anyone load that os as is?
    what was your file free? remember that the 8310 has less on board mem than the 8320and 8330, im pretty sure..

im at 14mb now.. had to delete my phone call log on three diff. occasions. More kept showing up after a batt pull

seems as though the mem is not leaking, at least for the past 8hours.

i am going to reload the program this weekend.

if someone with a 8310 loaded the as is .110 os, please post your file free (with no other apps), so i can see if the ppl at rim are jsut giving me an"answer", or if it true that only 13-14mb is normal with no apps.

nic
    Give the post 30+MB File Free Setup, I usually start out at 31MB+ after loading the new OS. Loading .124 now the official release.
    01-15-09 03:20 PM
    is the .124 an at&t release?
    01-15-09 03:23 PM
    UPDATE
    Today I repinstalled the .110 os. Deleted the other languages in app loader.. added docs to go..

After the process i have about 24+mb file free. way better than the 12mb that i had after the original upgrade.

Who knows what the problem was.. it seemed to correct itself..? Ideas?
    01-17-09 06:47 PM
    i stumbled upon this thread the other day. started thinking cuz ive had between 10 & 12 mb after to ugrading to 4.5 & that number would drop throughout the day with minimal phone use. So, i wiped with jl commander & re-instaled everything. Now, im at a steady 23-25 mb ff. Thanks guys.

i love CB!
    01-17-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD