Alright so I am now on my 10th blackberry curve through US Cellular. I have had various problems and none of them from my own doing. About 3 or 4 of them were to the trackball sticking consistently (reason for the last one to be sent back). The others had some software glitches with them.

Well I got my most recent one in the mail and went to the local USCC to get it activated just like every other time. Went through the start up wizard and everything like normal. Then hooked it to the computer and ran desktop manager and reloaded my contacts, auto texts, and options. Then usually after this the internet browser and all of that popped up and I was good to go. This time that hasnt happened at all. I called USCC to see if for some reason the data part of the phone wasnt activated.

I tried doing a hard reset hoping that would work. But it didnt. I tried doing *228 which for USCC customers does some stuff with the phones update to get EVDO/3G working for it. That didnt work either.

I guess I am at a loss and need some advice.

Thanks.
    02-17-10 02:32 PM
    dude 10 phones?? get a different model I say, they owe you that at least.

my only guess would be to reload the software but maybe someone else has an idea.
    02-17-10 02:34 PM
    Yes 10. Its sad I know but there all free since I didnt do anything wrong to them at all. Im just not sure what to do.
    02-17-10 06:04 PM
    Anyone got any ideas?
    02-18-10 12:46 AM
    Then usually after this the internet browser and all of that popped up and I was good to go. This time that hasnt happened at all. ...
    Log on to your BIS account and resend your service books. That will activate your Browser.

02-18-10 09:27 AM
    What do you mean log in to my BIS account to resend them.
    02-18-10 03:05 PM
    I've had the same phone since I got it in October. Apparently your karma is bad. Be thankful it's restricted to your cell phones....
    02-18-10 07:39 PM
    Yeah I havnt had this problem before so I dont know what to do.
    02-19-10 01:06 AM
    When Reed said to log into your BIS account, he was directing you to go to your email set up. There you should find a link to Service Book and you should be able to click on the link and resend. As for the trackball (easily replaced part) problems I would ask if you're putting the device in your pocket without the BB in a "sleeve" of some sort. Lint from clothing can clog your trackball. As for software glitches, I would have to ask what software you're putting on your device that is causing the glitch. The Curve 8330 is a tested and proven device that is a reliable workhorse. I think your odds are greater to win the lottery than getting 10 bad Curve 8330s. Good Luck.
    Last edited by i_hiker; 02-19-10 at 07:24 AM. Reason: grammar correction
    02-19-10 07:23 AM
    I baby my device, so I haven't had a problem with my 8330. I did drop one midway into the first year, and thanks to my insurance, I had it replaced within 2 working days and the process was painless and simple. I have to concur with i_hiker with the fact of it being a workhorse, as my Curve has been my assistant in running my business and has not called in sick, has not complained about the long hours, and has always arrived on time, in fact, even waking me up or alerting me to upcoming tasks, thus keeping me focused and on track. It is possible, however, that you are just having bad luck with the Curve. I hope your luck changes or possibly RIM or Verizon will find a way to resolve this issue for you. I would contact a Customer Service Representative from Verizon and RIM and explain your situation in a calm and professional manner. If they cannot help you, then I would ask to speak to a supervisor on duty. Good luck.
    02-19-10 10:12 AM
    When Reed said to log into your BIS account, he was directing you to go to your email set up. There you should find a link to Service Book and you should be able to click on the link and resend. As for the trackball (easily replaced part) problems I would ask if you're putting the device in your pocket without the BB in a "sleeve" of some sort. Lint from clothing can clog your trackball. As for software glitches, I would have to ask what software you're putting on your device that is causing the glitch. The Curve 8330 is a tested and proven device that is a reliable workhorse. I think your odds are greater to win the lottery than getting 10 bad Curve 8330s. Good Luck.
    Well the first track ball thats a very real possibility. I never used the sleeve before. But as far as the software goes the first one that had software issues I didnt have anything not stock on it. It started messing up. Got a new one. Activated it and attempted to send the first text and it had problems. Then I got another one within a week and the same thing happened. There not NEW phones there all refurbed phones.

Im still confused on the whole software thing I just had the "Setup Wizard" on my phone so I am wondering if there is a way to wipe the phone down to bare stock like it was just activated.
    02-19-10 12:59 PM
    Alright went to the BIS site for US cellular and it says got to "Options>Advance Options>Hot routing table>register now" Well I did that and nothing happened. So confused.
    02-19-10 01:28 PM
    maybe something is wrong with the stuff you are re-loading. may be time to start fresh, not from a re-load.
    02-19-10 01:49 PM
    How do I go about doing that?
    02-19-10 01:56 PM
    How do I go about doing that?
    If you're referring to my statement, don't go to desktop manager to reload anything. Manually enter contacts again, calendar entries, etc., Maybe you have a bad entry in there somewhere causing your problems. Then one at a time, with hours or days in between, install apps you like. You may find out what is the culprit and then don't use it.

also, as far as wiping the device, you can go to options > security > general settings > wipe handheld.
    OR you can use a program called jl_cmder that will erase everything or reset to facotry 4.3 OS.
    Last edited by vinndy; 02-19-10 at 02:49 PM.
    02-19-10 02:46 PM
    Remember to back up your files, contacts and schedules before you wipe your device.
    02-19-10 05:44 PM
    Well i wiped it and it didnt help. So I gave in and called tech support and talked to a very helpful girl for the first time ever. And apparently something with my data was activated properly that they normally do in the factory so I had to do it and then it was all good.

Thanks for all your help.
    02-19-10 07:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD