This is my first foray into theme making and I want to say right off the bat that it is a compilation of everything I've liked that the theme builders RIGHT here have already done!

I like a large clock. I liked the font CBASS (where'd you go dude?) used in his Ltheme and Utheme. I loved Dsgnjnki's Zen Today and Tinmannicks Today and Calendar Storm themes. I like clear banners and clean icons, wallpaper friendly (use what you will!) and the most important thing, it's gotta work with Opera mini and Bolt!

So that's what's in this first theme. It's a Hidden Today Plus with a little Nextel yellow thrown around here and there to kind of go with that ugly ring (just kidding). It will preview messages, mms, calendar and perhaps some other info bearing apps. The Zen icons are user defined.

Here's some pics:

If this looks like something you would try, here it is. Thanks again to all the theme builders here for their inspiration and especially Quinn who saved me from chucking the whole thing. (see navigation help!)

All I can manage right now is a .zip, will see about OTA if there is any interest.
    07-22-09 08:36 PM
    Does anybody know where I can get the iphone theme for the 8350i for free? If so email me at [email protected]
    07-22-09 09:28 PM
    Just loaded it, all I can say is f***ing awesome!
    07-22-09 10:05 PM
    Congrats, it looks great! I just dish out help when I can, you still have to do the work. I look forward to more from you!
    07-23-09 12:14 AM
    Looks great, gonna try it out later on
    07-24-09 12:22 PM
    A small update, the application text has been changed to good ole Nextel yellow and the focus icons are now round. I left the flash in on the homescreen even though that graphic is slightly larger (and a different shape), but the effect wasn't displeasing on the device. Looks better with other wallpapers, so please DO change it from the default!

Once again only a .zip file is provided.
    07-29-09 05:34 PM
    This is probably where I will leave this theme. It's evolved a bit more and the round focus icon is now a ring! (Nextel yellow of course!) The flash on the homescreen stays in bounds now and all the application texts are now yellow as well. Like before it will display calendar info if you have entries and message or MMS unread items if you stop on those icons. I hope you enjoy it. I've learned a lot making it!

Some new screenies follow...

Anyway, now it really DOES go with the ugly trackball ring!

notes: everything is clear, works great with the walls of your choice. The wall in the images above is from http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/ge...14/index6.html post #83. It is a custom theme so the folder icons will need to be edited and customized a little to tell them apart. All of your apps will be dumped into the setup folder on startup. Easy to get things moved around and set the way you want in about 5 minutes. (and I have a ton on this phone)
    07-30-09 09:36 PM
    Got this after installing...
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Trying to fix it now.
    08-04-09 09:58 AM
    Got this after installing...
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Trying to fix it now.
    Bummer. I did not get this error during the various installs. I will see if I can duplicate it. Try turning phone off, then on, change the theme back to a stock one, then do a battery pull. If all comes back to normal then change to the new theme. That used to fix problems we were all having with earlier themes. Let me know.

For an update on this problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/th...ns-etc-289210/
    Last edited by cputoys; 08-08-09 at 01:07 PM. Reason: more info
    08-04-09 12:37 PM
    Not really specific to your theme, but I was wondering what weather app you are using in the pics. I would love to have the little icon with the temp show up for me.
    08-13-09 03:48 PM
    Not really specific to your theme, but I was wondering what weather app you are using in the pics. I would love to have the little icon with the temp show up for me.
    This one is BerryWeather by Bellshare GmbH Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps. It's a one time pay app as opposed to a subscription, but does a very nice job. I think both WeatherEye and WeatherBug do something similar and have free versions.
    08-13-09 09:19 PM
    Not one to leave well enough alone, I updated the Nextday theme to include a dedicated weather slot in the banner. Actually, you can shove any favorite icon you want in that slot, but there was some interest in another post for a weather slot. I've made this for my own use and have a bunch of variations (hence the version jumps) but this one works well enough to be shared if you are looking for something like this.

Some screenshots:

Any wallpaper

Notification icons moved below date

This screenshot shows the final tweaks in the banner. It's better balanced now.

Setup notes: Easy - move your weather icon to slot 1 on your apps screen. (far left) Move the icon you want in slot 1 of the homescreen to slot 6 (far right) ** see pic #3 above**. The icons in the middle can be arranged as you wish. This was a trade off to get the "round robin" navigation working. You can select the weather icon from any direction and go around the entire homescreen. All the third party apps are in the setup folder - move them to where you want them. You can edit the default folders to color them differently (or stars, whatever). The notification icons were moved below the date because if you had many unread items and a voice mail, it got chopped. Again, use your favorite wallpaper - keeps it fresh.

Zip is updated to version 3.1 - only the banner objects are changed.

Also included this time is a zip with the .jad files (OTA files) which you can install on the device without bothering with desk manager. Unzip the files and copy them to a directory on your sd card. Then on your bb open the media app and press menu button (left of trackball) and choose explore. Navigate to where you copied the jad files from the zip and click on the .jad file. (it will be the smallest file if you can't see file extensions) It will install as a normal OTA app. One caveat, clear your messages of unread messages (especially emails) before resetting your device with this theme (and a whole lot of others). It will reset just fine. See http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/th...ns-etc-289210/ for more info on this!
    Last edited by cputoys; 08-24-09 at 08:03 PM. Reason: update
    08-20-09 08:46 PM
    can't wait to try out this theme
    08-24-09 10:41 PM
    3 more to go
    08-24-09 10:42 PM
    Help where is the link to download?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 06:29 AM
    Also cannot find download link

10-07-09 05:45 PM
    Also cannot find download link

Sorry, the Nextday theme was an evolution and has various versions. The links for downloading are in posts #1, #6, #7, #12.
    10-08-09 08:35 AM
    would like to see a OTA link....
    10-15-09 09:28 PM
    Earlier today I tried NDP, before going on to try I vista 2 as it looked a little prettier, however looks are deceiving. As speed goes, NDP is like walking down a warm sandy beach with a slight breeze, whereas I vista 2 is like walking waste deep in color abundant tropical water. It looks like your having fun, but in all reality your expending lots of energy, wasting time and getting nowhere fast. That also sounds like a good analogy of marriage.

As someone who likes to see products improve, even when they are a great first theme, here is my suggestions for NDP:

• Please do a better color scheme (Windows XP style?)
    • Add more icons, especially for folders
    • Add previews for Tasks and Memos
    • Lower dock icons to the base of the screen (Remove title strip at bottom)
    • Reorganize the upper status icons. Get rid of the Network and Wi-fi names, and use this space for the date and time. Then when a dock icon is scrolled over, switch it to that icon name before returning to the date and time. (I like more room for Calender, Messages, Task and Memo info, 8 lines instead of 6)
    • Oh, and I would really like to be able to scroll up to profiles, and not across.
    • Do the above and I'll pay you $6 as I am sure many others would too.

Meow

My Phone - Boostberry 8350i overclocked to 648mhz with a 7.4v battery, lol
    Last edited by Meowmmm; 10-22-09 at 07:12 AM.
    10-22-09 07:09 AM
    Earlier today I tried NDP, before going on to try I vista 2 as it looked a little prettier, however looks are deceiving. As speed goes, NDP is like walking down a warm sandy beach with a slight breeze, whereas I vista 2 is like walking waste deep in color abundant tropical water. It looks like your having fun, but in all reality your expending lots of energy, wasting time and getting nowhere fast. That also sounds like a good analogy of marriage.

Meow

My Phone - Boostberry 8350i overclocked to 648mhz with a 7.4v battery, lol
    Thanks very much for your interest, but unfortunately there isn't time to finish the two themes I've been working on so I don't think I'll be revisiting NDP anytime soon. There is a close cousin http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/fr...-8350i-304209/ that may be better suited to what you want. It is...ahem, bluish, has the icons on the bottom and is generally a little more refined. I am not in the theme-making-for-pay business and have only made these themes for my own use. While I've learned to never say never, I won't be modding any of these themes right now.

I agree that most of the premium themes are "heavy" on the phone (even your souped up 8350?) and it's such a shame as it's clear that much time was put into them. I'm an adherent of the kiss methodology so it's important to me that a theme be as bare-bones as possible and still be functional. I personally bought 7? themes I think, none of which I use! Good luck in your quest for the perfect theme. I guess we are all still searching, but that's part of the addiction, eh?
    10-22-09 07:01 PM
    can you please make this ota?
    10-23-09 01:26 AM
    Yes can u please make these avalible for OTA?
    11-19-09 07:23 PM
    Yes can u please make these avalible for OTA?
    No promises as to when, but I will try to have the theme hosted somewhere. A few places I've looked into didn't work out. I'll keep you posted.
    11-21-09 12:36 PM
    WOW this is the best theme everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......and its free???? THANX
    12-30-09 01:08 AM
    look great
    thanx
    01-13-10 02:43 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD