I downloaded a few Themes from here. The second one I installed screwed up my Blackberry. A lot of apps went missing and when I start the device I get a bunch of popups with Exception errors. How do I reinstall? Never did this before. I have a backup file from a few weeks ago. Will that restore the OS? Thanks!
    04-28-09 03:35 PM
    Using DM you should be able to reload your backup file using backup/restore function.
    04-28-09 03:38 PM
    Will it erase everything since the backup was created?
    04-28-09 03:47 PM
    you dont need to do anything!!!!!

just load a OEM theme back in your BB, after it loads do a batter pull. after it boots back up, change to the theme you want. there is a glitch in the new theme builder..... as far as i know they have not fixed it yet
    04-28-09 03:59 PM
    Casper or JLJ?
    I have not loaded any to have this issue. I believe you will need to reload ones that were not already in your backup file.
    04-28-09 03:59 PM
    See Casper and/or JLJ always have the answers.
    04-28-09 04:00 PM
    Well I thought it was going to work. I loaded one of the Sprint themes, pulled the battery and started the device back up. Switched back to the same theme that I downloaded before and it seemed to be working fine. All icons were back. Pull the battery again to see if the Exception errors were going to display and no errors. Seemed to be working great. I guess not! After a few hours I looked at the device and now icons are missing again. Map App is gone, All Instant Messaging icons are gone from the IM folder. I am going to load one of my backup and delete this theme. More problems than it's worth.
    04-28-09 10:15 PM
    you got the error without a battery pull??? thats a new one. usually you get those errors after thr bb resets. i have been running a custom theme on mine for about 2 months now and i have had thoses errors come maybe 4 times, everytime after a reset.

the way that i said earlier seems to be working for most. where did you get the theme form? and whats the name of it, i will try it out.
    04-28-09 10:27 PM
    I believe it was the alex63-idenberry 1.1.1 or the Entourage theme. Give it a try if you want. I am using the Sprint theme and still Map & profiles is missing under the Apps. I have not ran the backup yet.
    04-29-09 12:19 PM
    oki really dont have the time today or this weekend to check it out. maybe someone else can give those themes a try.
    04-29-09 12:26 PM
    I used. Alexes indenberry for a while and how no problems with it. Did you update os? I built a super mario theme couple days ago try that one a see what happens I've been using it with no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 07:02 PM
    its going to happen when you have a custom theme active when rebooting! If the active theme is a pre installed theme then its changed, there should be no errors! but when rebooting your phone it is a simple process to just put pre-installed theme to active! Not too much of a hassle considering themes can provide you with a custom feel to your phone!
    04-29-09 07:11 PM
    Well with several applications not working I decided to load my backup file from before the Theme was installed. I was unable to see profiles so it was always on Silent, MAP application was missing & others.

Now I loaded the backup but when I click on the Map App I get an Exception Error: SNE Sync Not Enabled.

Anyone know how I can fix this? I rather just reload everything as this has been a pain.
    05-01-09 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD