is anyone else using this theme? it runs very sluggish on my 8350i.

i've contacted customer support for the theme and after a few emails back and forth they pretty much gave up and said my phone must be defective.

i successfully tried everything they suggested. rebooted the phone, shutdown all background apps, reset theme defaults, reinstalled the theme, tried everything. i have over 38mb of app memory free, and hardly anything on a 4gb sd card.

they did offer a refund, but i want to see if anyone else has a problem with it. they said i'm the only 8350i user to complain. in the demo videos for the theme it runs excellent, not sure what bb model they're using, but whatever it is it runs it waaaay better than it runs on my phone.

for clarification, the theme has never run at a decent speed, and by decent i mean comparable to the regular no sliding dock version of in the know or the handful of other themes i've used. it's not a little slow, it's unusably slow.

so please tell me someone else has this theme and have you had any issues?

i find it difficult to believe my phone has a defect that only effects this one theme and so far nothing else
    07-26-09 03:31 PM
    Well I;ll let u know soon, as I just purchased it 30 seconds ago!!! Hope it works well
    07-26-09 03:38 PM
    Well I;ll let u know soon, as I just purchased it 30 seconds ago!!! Hope it works well
    i hope the best for you, but at the same time i kind of secretly hope you have the same problem...no offense

it's a great theme in concept, but it's so gosh durn slow!

but really, good luck, i mean it!
    07-26-09 04:01 PM
    I'm going to disappoint you I guess. It's running fine....just a bit slow to get back to Home after moving apps around but otherwise runs just as fast as OEM app I think.....can you change the background on this? I thought I read you could but I haven't figured out how in 5 minutes Never mind...found it, the theme just overwrote the background image and I had to go to Media/Pictures and set it

I like this theme!!
    Last edited by chezhed; 07-26-09 at 04:11 PM.
    07-26-09 04:07 PM
    hmmm, what is going on then? there's no lag when moving around the home screen at all?

i can't figure it out now!

edit: do you use weather bug? or weather.com?
    07-26-09 04:15 PM
    No lag at all. I moved weather.com app to the home screen in the second group and no problem. Also NFL and AP News and I have no issues.

I don't have much else...only had this a month. But Slacker is slow....usually just buffers but I think that's my provider coverage...this was an employment "gift" and we went with cheapest with PTT....don't even have a Sprint/Nextel store within 50 miles and coverage stinks BUT WE SAVED $000 and have PTT...blecchh....my boss' favorite function but he's struggling to learn how to use it on the BB lol...he doesn't even know what lol means
    Last edited by chezhed; 07-26-09 at 04:32 PM.
    07-26-09 04:29 PM
    just to be clear, you are using the version with the sliding dock right?
    07-26-09 04:52 PM
    Yes...slide right into my downloaded apps
    07-26-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD