02-20-10 10:47 PM
32 12
tools
    Another hidden today type theme with a dedicated banner slot (for weather primarily, but experiment!). I use Berryweather by Bellshare GmbH Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps, but WeatherEye and Weatherbug also update the homescreen icon for a realtime look. This is a modification of my Nextday theme with some things moved around, the colors are more laid back and it has a more relaxing feel. (I hope you find it that way!) It's simple but the info you need is always right there.

No matter what screen you're in, the large clock is always visible.

Everything works as it should, the profile screen is fully visible, it works well with Opera and Bolt, pappeds tetris, and quicklaunch. The Incoming call screen hangs together just fine now that theme builder kjheu has discovered and passed along the secret! Many "for pay" themes fall apart when a call comes in because of this problem.

Originally Posted by kjheu
    Well, after searching I found a five year old post that said to use a .gif
    for the call screens background. I guess that still works.

It sure does. I've sent out a dozen emails to builders with broken themes.

Setup: Move your weather icon to slot 1 on your apps screen. (far left) Move the icon you want in slot 1 of the homescreen to slot 6 (far right). The icons in the middle can be arranged as you wish. All the third party apps are in the setup folder - move them to where you want them.

Also included is a zip with the .jad files (OTA files) which you can install on the device without bothering with desk manager. Unzip the files and copy them to a directory on your sd card. Then on your bb open the media app and press menu button (left of trackball) and choose explore. Navigate to where you copied the jad files from the zip and click on the .jad file. (it will be the smallest file if you can't see file extensions) It will install as a normal OTA app.

One caveat, clear your messages of unread messages (especially emails) before resetting your device with this theme (and a whole lot of others). It will then reset just fine. See http://forums.crackberry.com/f142/th...ns-etc-289210/ for more info on this!

Small update: The date was about to get chopped. Wednesday, September 16,23,30 is too BIG! I chose to keep the same filenames so your settings will remain intact. Your apps and folders will be as you left them.

Instructions: To be safe (in case there may be an unread email lurking in your messages folder), switch to a stock theme. Download either of these and allow the overwrite. If by DM it should recognize the file as an upgrade and perform the install. If you choose the jad method, it will also ask to overwrite. You will need to reboot in either case. The upgrade was merely to expand the date field and align the weather slot icon a little better.
    Last edited by cputoys; 09-03-09 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Update
    08-28-09 08:42 PM
    Rockin your theme right now, thank you very much! Looks way good!!!

08-30-09 05:05 AM
    Will you kindly make this for the Curve? (8330) os 4.5 I thank tyou in advance, Jenny
    08-30-09 05:13 AM
    I uploaded your theme because I really like how it looks AND has visible menus, but my applications and downloads don't show up. They are still there when I switch back to one of my other themes, but they aren't showing up in this one. How do I find them in your new theme?
    08-30-09 11:28 AM
    I uploaded your theme because I really like how it looks AND has visible menus, but my applications and downloads don't show up. They are still there when I switch back to one of my other themes, but they aren't showing up in this one. How do I find them in your new theme?
    From the first post, all of your apps should be in the setup folder! This was the case for my install. Seems that all of the themes that I have loaded do this, they do not save from theme to theme, but once you set them up the way you like them they will stay the way you left it and the next time you use the theme it will have all the changes you've made saved

All the third party apps are in the setup folder - move them to where you want them.
    08-30-09 02:28 PM
    Thanks so much. That took care of it! I love your new theme, and how it's laid out. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing more of what you have to offer all of us BB lovers in the future!
    08-30-09 09:31 PM
    Will you kindly make this for the Curve? (8330) os 4.5 I thank tyou in advance, Jenny
    I sent you a PM, but I'm not sure what's involved in porting to another OS. Will check it out.

Thanks all, and terylsdad for helping out 2pierces! Was away for long weekend and iden was... well, flaky!!

I have a wallpaper pack for this theme, will try to get it up later.
    08-31-09 05:45 PM
    i m trying to install your theme on my 8350i. I thought there was a way to do it on bbdm but i cant figure it out.
    08-31-09 07:57 PM
    i have bbdm version 5.0, and the latest os
    08-31-09 08:00 PM
    never mind i figured it out
    08-31-09 08:18 PM
    I realize not everyone looks at wallpaper the same way, especially for our blackberrys. I have an 8350i friend who only likes the stock themes with that dark banner. She says the banner makes her beach pictures look better... so she can see the info better. Well, ..yeah! That's the deal, if you use light walls the dark banner will help you see what's up there! I asked her if she was serious and quickly changed the subject.

Anyhow, wallpaper junkie that I am, I don't want that banner obscuring any part of the scene I choose to use as a background. It just ain't right. I also realize there are a lot of people that don't keep 30-40 walls on their phone, choosing instead to pick a few favorites and call it a day! Here are a few that I think (choosing a wallpaper is way subjective!) work well with the Blue2 with weather theme.

First a few quick screenshots. The zipfile at the end contains 11 walls so not all are shown here.

If any of these work for you, grab them here!
    08-31-09 08:24 PM
    I was snooping in the 8300 themes forum for pointers on how to get started and saw this theme. You did too, so you're covered. I did manage to make a reasonable likeness of the homescreen, but I don't know the device well enough to do it justice. For anyone else looking for something like this for the 83xx curves, http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/cu...ntoday-304277/

Have fun!
    09-02-09 03:45 PM
    Because i mainly use your Wp's...just wanted to say awesome work cputoys !
    Even tho i can't use it cuz i'm a 4.5...boo hoo 4 me
    09-03-09 07:40 PM
    Well thanks for your support Wendygirl. I started an 8300 version and just about had a brain hemorrhage (read, just plain gave up). Then I saw rockdog had done something similar for ya'll so maybe you could get him to do up a red one?

Anyway, I posted a small update to Blue2 in the first post. The date was about to get chopped so I fixed it a little beforehand. Same filenames so your settings and apps will stay put.

The theme-making thing is very nerve wrackiing. I need to get back to some paper hanging where things are calm and nice....
    09-03-09 08:29 PM
    Downloaded your update, thanks again for all the hard work...much appreciated!

09-04-09 02:42 AM
    thats is really cool.
    09-08-09 11:06 PM
    CPUTOYS,

Just loaded it on my 8330. Works beautifully! Thank you! I'm now deleting all my other 3rd party themes. This is exactly the theme I've been looking for!
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 10-02-09 at 05:38 PM.
    10-02-09 02:17 PM
    Seriously? And you actually have an 8330? I didn't think it was possible. Please upload a screenshot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 10:09 PM
    Seriously? And you actually have an 8330? I didn't think it was possible. Please upload a screenshot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The only reason it works on my 8330 is because I have the 5.0.0.230/.238 hybrid OS. But here are the screen shots as requested:

With your default wallpaper.

With my wallpaper.

With the hidden Today calendar entries activated.

Note the "1XEV" instead of the "NXTL" or whatever it is you 8350ites have for your data connection.

Pure 8330 on Alltel.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 10-03-09 at 02:54 AM.
    10-03-09 01:14 AM
    BTW, I'm also running your NextDay theme. It works just as well as this one! Still trying to decide which one I like the best is the only hard part.
    10-03-09 02:21 AM
    Well the 5.0 OS upgrade helps explain how you could use a 4.6 theme, but I'm not sure anyone would have thought to try! You are a true trailblazer in this respect and I hope some other 8330 users are inspired by your experiment. I'm so glad the theme is working for you and your choice of background is excellent. You have a beautiful family. Best of luck!
    10-03-09 07:58 AM
    Thank you! I'm rocking the NextDay theme today. Still loving it. I know alot of the 8330 users with OS 5.0 have been using the 8520 themes, which work very well, but I think your 8350i themes run a little smoother and snappier! Whether that is attributable to differences in the 8350i themes, or just your skills as a theme builder Either way, keep up the good work!

Thanks again.
    10-03-09 11:44 AM
    never mind i figured it out
    hi i want to kno how u put the themes on ur phone
    10-05-09 12:24 AM
    Installed this on my 8330 (w/5.0 hybrid) per instructions.
    It appears i've lost my Viigo (moved to 6th slot & my berryweather that I had moved to the first slot).
    Ideas?
    10-09-09 06:14 PM
    Installed this on my 8330 (w/5.0 hybrid) per instructions.
    It appears i've lost my Viigo (moved to 6th slot & my berryweather that I had moved to the first slot).
    Ideas?
    I don't know much about the 8330 and especially running the leaked 5.0 os, but here are some things to check.

Did you load the stock 8530 precision theme first? I've been told this must be done for the 8350 style icons to show up.

Viigo and berryweather (i use both) are 3rd party - did you look in the setup folder? They must be moved back into the home folder then into position.

Did you battery pull or otherwise reboot with an unread email? This is a bad (plasmic?) bug plaguing both the 8900 & 8350i whereby icons go missing after a reset. Usually only hidden today custom themes have the problem. The usual fix is turn off device, turn back on, switch to stock theme, battery pull. Note that all of your icons have returned & then reload the custom theme. (and don't forget to clear that email folder if you're anticipating a reset!)

Let me know if you get it going. It's exciting to think that maybe we can use the 8530 tour themes on our 8350 devices if they ever spit out an upgrade for us!
    10-09-09 06:58 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD