05-17-09 07:59 PM
26 12
tools
    Ive read some of you were wanting or hoping for elecite to support the 8350i i emailed them asking them if they will be anytime soon and the replied back with they will be releasing 8350i versions next week
    05-01-09 11:13 AM
    Nice themes on their site but I always go by 'If it's free it's for me'.

Buying themes is not in the budget right now.
    05-01-09 05:34 PM
    I can see that .....my thing is Iam to lazy to design any myself so i dont mind paying someone for spending their time on them
    05-01-09 05:36 PM
    Building themes is easy and fun. I'm no pro at yet but I've built 2 so far and people loved them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 07:50 PM
    Yeah I know it's easy I just have so many things going every which way right now haven't had time I have plazmic 4.7 just been to busy i

05-01-09 07:56 PM
    Ive read some of you were wanting or hoping for elecite to support the 8350i i emailed them asking them if they will be anytime soon and the replied back with they will be releasing 8350i versions next week
    Quick update, this is according to Elecites Twitter page:

Hopefully tomorrow we get those 8350i themes released. Stay close!
    about 9 hours ago from web
    05-07-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks rockcrawler I was just about to look that up

05-07-09 10:53 AM
    I've been checking Elecites website for any upcoming 8350i themes.

They are not at www.elecite.com.

Where did they go?
    05-09-09 10:47 AM
    I checked yesterday they were having problems with their web server and their twitter said they would be released soon so i dont know
    05-09-09 11:29 AM
    I bought a few themes that they said would work but all I got was a crap full of nothing....they said it would work for ver 4.5 and up I have 4.6 installed and purchased the 83xx ones....any suggestions
    05-10-09 06:31 PM
    4.5 and up 83xx themes won't work on a 8350i the theme has to be specifically for 4.6 8350i I learned that when I first got my 8350i so far electocite has released their 8350 versions yet

05-10-09 06:36 PM
    so they have released?
    05-10-09 06:43 PM
    Hasn't sorry

05-10-09 07:14 PM
    They Are Available!!!

According to their Twitter Page:

The following themes are now 8350i supported: Ascarii 2.0, Distinct, Droid, Grunge, iBerry, Inspirat, Leopard, PSB, Scion, xBerry - Elecite
    05-11-09 06:00 PM
    Yep just looked
    05-11-09 07:22 PM
    Just tried the iBerry and Scion themes. They seemed a little buggy to me. Tried a battery pull - didn't solve the issue. I emailed info@elecite.com to report my issues.

How are the themes working for everyone else?
    05-11-09 09:06 PM
    Just tried the iBerry and Scion themes. They seemed a little buggy to me. Tried a battery pull - didn't solve the issue. I emailed info@elecite.com to report my issues.

How are the themes working for everyone else?
    I just bought the Grunge and Inspirat and am totally pleased with the grunge theme. Only bug I found was when on a call the background did not render properly one time, but other that that it has been great. I would love to hear more feedback from anyone else who decides to take the plunge.

UPDATE: I just contacted them as well and attached this screenshot f the problem that I am having:

Obviously the black spray paint marks are my own doing and not part of the issue LOL

Hopefully they will be able to resolve our issues without too much trouble.
    Last edited by rockcrawler; 05-12-09 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Add pic
    05-12-09 01:36 AM
    Just a small warning. I purchased the Inspirat theme and it crashed my blackberry. I had to remove the theme in order for it to work again...

I just sent an email to them in hopes they fix it because its a very cool theme. So you might want to wait till they fix the theme before downloading it...
    05-12-09 05:22 PM
    I'm using the Inspirat theme without issue. It looks great and generally works ok, but alas blank menus in Bolt and papped's Tetris (and I will assume Opera Mini too). But hey, they love us! Thank you EleCite!
    05-12-09 08:10 PM
    Just a small warning. I purchased the Inspirat theme and it crashed my blackberry. I had to remove the theme in order for it to work again...

I just sent an email to them in hopes they fix it because its a very cool theme. So you might want to wait till they fix the theme before downloading it...
    I bought that theme and have it installed as well. What exactly happened to yours. I have the same issue with both theses where the screen is not displayed properly during a call. The only other issue that I have found with the inspirat theme is that when you are on the clock, say at night, when going to sleep, in the upper left hand corner where the GPS icon normally is there is a white square there instead. Nothing except exiting the clock makes it go away. Hopefully they get thsese bugs ironed out.

The guy form Elecite actually told me today that he could not help me because I was running a leaked veriosn of the OS. Please, I am running the newest version right off the nextel site.

Him:
    That is definitely not how it was meant to work
    Have you tried a battery pull? Seems like something a battery pull should fix.

Also, what is the exact OS version that you're running?
    Me:
    Yes I have tried numerous battery pulls. I am on OS 4.6.1.204 (316). Let me know if there is any other info that you need.
    Him:
    This could be happening because you're running a leaked OS version.
    We'll definitely look into this matter but it's very difficult to find a fix for a leaked OS since the problem is usually caused because of the OS and not the theme, if that makes any sense?
    I mean come on......
    05-12-09 08:16 PM
    .204 is the latest offical release.... here is a link for you

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - BlackBerry Curve™ 8350i Smartphone
    05-12-09 09:43 PM
    .204 is the latest offical release.... here is a link for you

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - BlackBerry Curve 8350i Smartphone
    LOL I sent him that link in my next email to him already, he never responded after that. Hopefully they are good about these themes and take care of the issues....I would hate to have spent $14.00 on themes for nothing.
    05-12-09 09:46 PM
    damn that sucks hopefully he fixes the issues
    05-13-09 10:25 AM
    No word yet? I would probably try another one if the support was forthcoming. What's up with that?

05-16-09 07:10 PM
    No word yet? I would probably try another one if the support was forthcoming. What's up with that?

Support was very forthcoming. He was just not sure what the issue was, and I truly believe without him actually owning the device, there would be no way for him to recreate the issue on the Simulator. It probably runs great on the simulator. So he went ahead and just refunded me for the two themes that I bought that were having the issue. I would love to hear from someone else who has purchased either the Grunge or Inspirat themes and see if they experienced a similar issue. Like I said, it was on both themes while I was on a call. Let me know is you purchased a different theme that did not have that issue as well, I love thier themes and would be more than happy to purchase another if I knw it worked correctly.
    05-16-09 09:28 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD