So I downloaded a theme and was happy with it, then I started reading about making themes in the forums and decided to give it a try. seemed simple enough. I have DM v4.7 installed on my desktop already, so I get Plasmic CDK v4.6 and I make a theme. I had a little banner trouble at first but after a few minor tweaks I made it through the exporting process. I created a new desktop folder and extracted the ALX and COD files into the folder. I pointed the DM to the ALX file. Then I try loading the app from DM >>> 8350. It tells me that it installed it on the phone. After letting the 8350 finish doing whatever it was doing, I disconnect the phone from the PC and check my themes, applications, downloads, and media card. There was nothing in any of the files.

After about 6 times I decided to try OTA. I deleted the orginal ALX and COD files from the desktop folder. exported the new theme in JAD format. this time it gives me 3 COD files and 1 JAD file. I go to the SHARE4MOBILE link that was in a tutorial on CB and follow the instructions listed there. I text message myself with all 4 files and download them. then I go into the media card and there are my files. I find the JAD file and run it. it tells me that it is installing the program. I leave all the permissions set as they are. when it finishes I look in the file locations listed above and find nothing.

I hope this helps explain everything I did step by step. Is there anything I am doing wrong or am I missing a step? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.
    04-07-09 09:20 AM
    The first thing that caught my eye is you need to be using the new Plazmic 4.7 to make a theme for the 8350i. The older versions will not work. I would be willing to bet that is your problem. What device did you select @ the very beginning of designing your theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 09:59 AM
    The first thing that caught my eye is you need to be using the new Plazmic 4.7 to make a theme for the 8350i. The older versions will not work. I would be willing to bet that is your problem. What device did you select @ the very beginning of designing your theme?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    x2 - i don't think the earlier versions of plazmic have a template for an 8350i
    04-07-09 10:18 AM
    Thought I got 4.7. must have grabbed 4.6 by mistake. I'm downloading 4.7 now. I will let you guys know if anything changes.
    Last edited by ProFighterTME; 04-07-09 at 11:06 AM.
    04-07-09 10:40 AM
    Thought I got 4.7. must have grabbed 4.6 by mistake. I'm downloading 4.7 now. I will let you guys know if anything changes.
    i do believe that if you created a theme in the 4.6, that you can IMPORT you THM file into the new 4.7 8350i them.....

create a new theme
    file
    import
    got where you have the thm file open it and you should be good to go
    04-07-09 09:11 PM
    I have a question. Is there a program i need to install on my 8350i to get plazmic themes working?
    04-07-09 09:21 PM
    I have a question. Is there a program i need to install on my 8350i to get plazmic themes working?
    nope... all you need is desktop manager 4.7, a theme, and a BB
    04-07-09 09:28 PM
    The themes you install also have to be made with the latest Plazmic for them to work on the 8350i
    04-07-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD