Hey all,

Just dropping in to show the 8350 some love. Admittedly the 8350 isn't the most popular device since it caters to a niche market, so I couldn't justify designing an entire suite for it like I usually do.

Introducing AppleBerry Lite, it contains the most popular version of the AppleBerry Theme Suite 2.0, specially designed for the Curve 8350. Rather than porting it directly from the 8500 series, I took a few days and created it from the ground up.

Product tour is in the second post.

Cheers,

Andrew

Buy from CrackBerry!

Last edited by hastings; 06-09-11 at 04:59 PM.
    04-21-10 01:10 PM
    AppleBerry Lite 2.0 - Product Tour

Here we have the homescreen, classic AppleBerry. The dock is permanent and rests on top of whatever wallpaper you use. You get access to your top 6 applications on the dock, which should be ample for most people. The scroll path is simple - left/right for icons on the dock, and up from any icon to access the Profiles icon. The icons on the dock bounce and glow when selected. Battery meters and signal indicators are large and crisp, as are the custom notification icons that come included with the theme. A large clock is placed front and center on the screen with a healthy sized date field directly underneath. No more squinting to read the time or date.

Here you get a glimpse of all of the custom icons included with AppleBerry 2.0. All of the icons are skinned, even less common ones like BrickBreaker and Word Mole. Each icon has had it's colour vibrancy increased by 2x, so they really "pop" on the device. The classic mouse cursor highlights the icon and provides a clean method for determining which icon you're highlighting.

The redesigned dialog boxes on top are pixel perfect with clean drop shadows underneath and feature nice gel-like buttons.

When you press the BlackBerry hardware key, the list appears with a nice off-white colour, and noticeable pinstripes set it apart from other themes while providing a "classy" touch.

The incoming call screen has been customized and is quite readable. Large fonts, clear text. I didn't want to "overdesign" the incoming call screen, it's important to be able to quickly glance and see who is calling.

The active call screen has been modified to include a custom volume 10-level volume indicator that looks reminiscent of the Mac OS volume dialog.

The lock screen is classic AppleBerry. A nice, golden reflect lock sits proudly on top of your icon dock. It provides absolutely no practical purpose, but it looks really nice. (and let's be honest, that matters, ALOT!)
    Last edited by hastings; 04-21-10 at 01:21 PM.
    04-21-10 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD