This is what I got back from Plazmic support today:
    ---------------------------------------
    Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support.

Unfortunately at this time, the Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK) version 4.6 does not support the BlackBerry Curve 8350i. This is a known issue relating to the fact that the screen resolution is less than the standard of the targeted operating system. Rest assured that a subsequent release of the CDK should address this issue and allow for content rich themes to be exported specifically to the 8350i. Any timeline for such a release would only be speculation, so I urge you to periodically visit [ plazmic ] for any updates of a release.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you in the mean time. Thank you for your support of BlackBerry development and have a great day!
    ---------------------------------------
    Does this mean that the screen size is different from every other curve or did Sprint cheap-out on Nextel users (as is the norm) and put in shotty screens that can't handle the standardized curve resolution outputs?
    01-12-09 10:49 PM
    I asked for more information about the resolution issue and got a completely different answer this time.
    --------------------------------------------
    The screen resolution of the BlackBerry Curve 8350i is actually the same as any other BlackBerry Curve device, which happens to be 320x240. The problem with the Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK), and the Theme Builder is with the handheld software (operating system). The previous lines of the BlackBerry Curves had handheld software up to version 4.5. However, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i runs on handheld software version 4.6.1 which was not supported by the Plazmic CDK upon its release. You can almost think of the 8350i as a second generation BlackBerry Curve in this respect.
    ---------------------------------------------

So it is back to "wait for the next release" but it is good to know that we didn't get hosed on the screen type.
    01-14-09 10:02 PM
    This is a known issue relating to the fact that the screen resolution is less than the standard of the targeted operating system.
    I think what this is actually referring to is the fact that OS 4.6 was originally "targeted" for the BB Bold, and the 8350i Curve does have a smaller screen resolution that that device.

BTW, I have also been looking into possibly back-revving the OS to 4.5, but this appears to be a dead end. I'm under the impression that that OS will not support the features of the 8350 hardware. At any rate, it's kind of a moot point because I'd have to get it from Sprint/Nextel and they, of course, only released 4.6 for this device from the start (at the device launch).

Soooo... I guess we must all wait for Plazmic to get their collective st together...
    01-30-09 03:19 PM
    These theme's are killing me! I had an 8330 before this and LOVED the Today's theme and have been researching for the past 24 hours on how to get that theme on here. HELP!!!! It looks like nothing has been done yet about this...who can I email????
    03-18-09 02:29 PM
    Is there a specific theme you are looking for, or just want today function?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 02:31 PM
    Here's a thread from the 8330 themes section where fellow CB addict dylanledbetter has his 8350i 4.6 OS theme titled Today.

It has six customizable icons across the bottom with Messages and Calender in the Today area. I've been using it about a week now on my 8350i and it's working flawlessly. It's great if you want that info on your home screen and he did a nice job on it...highly recommended.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/83...65/index4.html
    03-18-09 06:51 PM
    fxb i looked at this link you gave i get it but cant find it on my computer im runing vista ultimate i cant find the blackberry operating system or the blackberry.alx can you help me find this?!? cause i did what they said but do not have the share file part what did i do wrong????
    03-25-09 10:10 PM
    or if anybody can help that would be great in getting themes i know they have 2 new ones out but thats it ones carbon theme and the other is burburry theme
    03-25-09 10:27 PM
    or if anybody can help that would be great in getting themes i know they have 2 new ones out but thats it ones carbon theme and the other is burburry theme
    Follow the link I posted kid if you're just looking for a theme for your 8350i, it's 3/4 of the way down the page. There's also more themes in the 8350i forum.
    03-26-09 07:10 AM
    can i put 8330 themes on my blackberry curve 8350i i have not edited my os in any way or anything like that everything is stock software except a few 8350i themes i put on
    03-26-09 11:48 PM
    no you can not.
    03-27-09 12:24 AM
    crackberry is the only site i have found that the themes on here work with the nextel 8350i all the other i have tried dont. the iberry theme is awesome..
    03-30-09 03:21 AM
    GUYS! EMAIL ME WITH A REQUEST FOR A THEME FOR ANY BB!!! I CAN AND WILL HELP! Please Understand that i am a full time college student and will not ALWAYS respond right away! I can help, if you need a today theme, tell me how many entries and what other stuff, like messages, and sms and mms on the home screen. I can also do animated backgrounds! EMAIL @
    [email protected]
    09-19-09 01:35 PM
    the 8350i blackberry is more of a company cell ph it doesn't have cool things that you can do on the so if you wanted a cool ph you should of gotten the sprint blackberry... I know that it sucks but nextel is really a business cell ph
    10-05-09 06:15 PM
    GUYS! EMAIL ME WITH A REQUEST FOR A THEME FOR ANY BB!!! I CAN AND WILL HELP! Please Understand that i am a full time college student and will not ALWAYS respond right away! I can help, if you need a today theme, tell me how many entries and what other stuff, like messages, and sms and mms on the home screen. I can also do animated backgrounds! EMAIL @
    [email protected]
    Dude, I need help and you seem to know what's up. I'm using an 8350i with OS 4.6. Why can't I add any of these theme/apps using my DM? I keep getting the "No additional applications designed for your device were found" when I try load them. Is there any other way to load? Really all I want is to be able to see the menus in Opera. I first started trying to install the "Visible_Menus" theme and got no where. I've tried several others, same deal. I even tried this supposed 4.6 "Today" theme in post #56 here, http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/83...65/index4.html . But I still keep getting that same error and haven't been to install any other themes. What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks for any help!
    10-06-09 01:21 AM
    Whew, that was a pain in my rear end... Apparently, I wasn't supposed to use desktop manager 4.5 to load the apps. Because updating DM totally solved the problem. Now I'm just adjusting/moving all my folders and apps again. I didn't realize those would change back to the default Oh well, I'm happy to be able to see my opera window now. Thanks!
    10-06-09 03:43 AM
    Not sure how they did it or what version of whatever, but here's where I got them. Just have to register

8350i BlackBerry Themes - Themes4BB.com -The Number 1 Site for Free Blackberry Themes

So far I like the Future theme. Just downloaded it OTA (hover mouse over the OTA link and type the address into BlackBerry web browser)
    Works great...

Hope this helps. I'm working on building a couple themes, so hopefully I'll be getting them up soon....

02-09-10 07:10 PM
    thansk!!!!! queberican351
    03-10-10 02:30 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD