Here's my first crack at a theme. Theme also supports Opera & Bolt menu function. Let me know what you think, bugs, etc.

"Storm Today" messages & calendar icons(not customizable) two sub-entries each. On the home screen the 6 zen icons are customizable and have blue glow effect.

"Storm" - no today area

"Calendar" - today theme (not hidden) with 5 calendar sub-entries.

"Hidden Today" Today area appear's on home screen for messages and/or calendar. You need to have both messages and/or calendar set in one of the first six icon positions for this to work on your home screen.
    Last edited by tinmannick; 01-30-10 at 01:39 PM.
    04-19-09 01:57 PM
    installing it right now

nice job
    Last edited by MSIXTEEN; 04-19-09 at 02:41 PM.
    04-19-09 02:31 PM
    Loading now. Can you make it with just the Calendar on the screen instead of both the calendar and message?
    Thanks...don't mean to be too demanding.
    04-19-09 08:54 PM
    Here's my first crack at a theme. Storm like with Today messages & calendar icons(not customizable). On the home screen the 6 zen icons are customizable and have blue glow effect. Theme also supports Opera & Bolt menu function. Let me know what you think, bugs, etc.
    Bless you! It's working great so far & looks good. I will agree that calendar only would be nice--more room for upcoming stuff. The messages get answered soon enuff! Great job.
    04-21-09 09:00 AM
    The theme is very wallpaper friendly also. How about this one?
    04-21-09 07:36 PM
    I've made a couple changes. Please let me know what you think.

1) By request the today area shows only the calendar with 5 subentries.
    2) I've made the clock larger
    3) Navigation of icons on home screen flow better
    4) Changed incoming call screen
    5) I've added 2 more icons to the home screen, L style. Minor problem with this is the calendar sub entries flow into the icon. To me it is very minor, let me kow if you don't like the two extra icons I can remove them.
    I like all of the changes *except* the extra 2 icons. If you could make a version without them, I'd be there! If you could call the new version storm_calendar (or anything different from your first version), I would keep it and the original on my phone! Great work. Really like the larger clock too.

Thanks Tinman!
    04-24-09 07:31 PM
    Will be grabbing this as soon as I get home!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:34 PM
    My new favorite theme! When I want the messages notification I can switch back to the Storm Today. Love them both. I wasn't sure at first, but the blue text is a nice touch too. Thanks again.
    04-27-09 12:55 PM
    real nice theme, im not too big a fan of the calander one. I have too many events
    04-29-09 03:41 PM
    I'm still rocking with this one. I put one I bought on for an hour or so.... then switched right back!
    04-29-09 09:08 PM
    All righty, I agree. I don't like the two extra icons either. I also moved the clock slightly on the applications screen, when the clock uses the extra digit for 10, 11, & 12 oclock, the clock would slightly be cut out. Problem fixed.
    I was wondering if you could tell me where you found the storm like icons?
    05-01-09 12:45 AM
    They are in Plazmic 4.7. I actually use the stock 8350i icons but use the Storm "Focus" icon to get the blue effect. You also have to set the icon animation to "Glow" and not flash.

Go into Plazmic 4.7>samples>Themes>Images>Precision 360x480>Icons>and choose Icon focus(it's the blue glow type icon).

Remember to set the icon animation to "Glow".

Next step is to use the Storm "Underlay Icon". This is located in the same folder as above. Within Theme Builder go to the "Theme the Application's Icon" section under the "Inspector". Click on one of the applications icons, click on the "underlay" tab and choose the icon that is just simply called "icon" in the folder listed above.

Repat this step for all of you icons you choose. This should do the trick.
    05-01-09 08:57 AM
    They are in Plazmic 4.7. I actually use the stock 8350i icons but use the Storm "Focus" icon to get the blue effect. You also have to set the icon animation to "Glow" and not flash.

Go into Plazmic 4.7>samples>Themes>Images>Precision 360x480>Icons>and choose Icon focus(it's the blue glow type icon).

Remember to set the icon animation to "Glow".

Next step is to use the Storm "Underlay Icon". This is located in the same folder as above. Within Theme Builder go to the "Theme the Application's Icon" section under the "Inspector". Click on one of the applications icons, click on the "underlay" tab and choose the icon that is just simply called "icon" in the folder listed above.

Repat this step for all of you icons you choose. This should do the trick.
    Thank you so much for that walkthrough, that is exactly what I needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 04:58 PM
    i was looking for the same answer thanks
    05-02-09 09:37 AM
    i installed the one with just the calander and it is the best theme i have ever used, and i have a directory with over 30 themes for 8350i i have downloaded from this crackberry website. This is the best! Hats off to ya sir!
    05-02-09 01:41 PM
    looks good but can u please make it available for OTA???
    05-04-09 03:33 PM
    I am so thrilled to see that this set of themes does not use the transparent menu option and is compatible with Opera and Bolt!!!!!!! I will be trying it when I get home!
    05-05-09 08:21 PM
    Best Themes ever,
    Simple ,Useful = PERFECT
    05-05-09 09:40 PM
    This theme is great!

You have inspired me to try and create some of my own. Keep up the good work!!!
    05-06-09 07:44 PM
    All righty, I agree. I don't like the two extra icons either. I also moved the clock slightly on the applications screen, when the clock uses the extra digit for 10, 11, & 12 oclock, the clock would slightly be cut out. Problem fixed.

I�m using the ��new�� version of storm today and it is running great

many thanks
    05-07-09 11:41 AM
    I had been waiting for a today theme, that came from Plazmic 4.7, that
    addressed the transparent menu issue.

I had tried both Bolt and Opera Mini a long time ago, but when the upgrades came along and caused the menu problems I had to return to the Blackbery Browser.

This is the first theme that I have installed and it is working perfectly with both Bolt and Opera Mini.

I just wanted to thank tinmannick for his great work.

As always, everyone on this forum offer a tremendous wealth of knowledge.....If Sprints' CS reps would study here.....they might know what they're talking about!
    05-09-09 08:48 AM
    I've been looking at this theme and i really like it but i'm not sure how to install it. Do you think you can make an OTA version??
    05-13-09 12:18 AM
    OTA version is coming later today. Keep checking back. Thanks.
    05-13-09 07:31 AM
    Just had to have the latest so I deleted the old ones and downloaded new! Storm Today was no problem OTA, but I couldn't get Calendar. I kept getting Server 503 error & the details said it could not find expected cod 5 file? Might wanna check that. Anyway, got the zip for that one and bit the bullet and used DM (I hate using it, but your theme is worth it!) Thanks again for your work.

BTW, the tweaks were perfect too.
    05-14-09 08:19 PM
    Thanks for the info on the OTA link. I'll get that taken care of.

EDIT: OTA link for calendar version now fixed.
    Last edited by tinmannick; 05-15-09 at 12:07 PM.
    05-14-09 09:49 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD