i thought you were a PJ fan by your user name....I guess I was wrong.
    08-12-09 11:13 PM
    Might I ask the problem of bumping my thread every 3 DAYS to boost sales? I'd say what you are doing is trolling, my friend.
    The full wiki TROLL site

Etymology

"Trolling for blue fish" lithograph by Currier & Ives, 1866.
    The contemporary use of the term is alleged to have first appeared on the internet in the late 1980s,[3] but the earliest known example is from 1991.[4] It is thought to be a truncation of the phrase trolling for suckers, itself derived from the fishing technique of slowly dragging a bait through water, known as trolling.[citation needed] The word also evokes the trolls portrayed in Scandinavian folklore and children's tales as they are often creatures bent on mischief and wickedness. The verb "troll" originates from Old French "troller", a hunting term. The noun "troll", however, is an unrelated Old Norse word for a giant or demon.[5]
    [edit]Early history
    The most likely derivation of the word troll can be found in the phrase "trolling for newbies," popularized in the early 1990s in the Usenet group, alt.folklore.urban (AFU).[6][7] Commonly, what is meant is a relatively gentle inside joke by veteran users, presenting questions or topics that had been so overdone that only a new user would respond to them earnestly. For example, a veteran of the group might make a post on the common misconception that glass flows over time. Long-time readers would both recognize the poster's name and know that the topic had been done to death already, but new subscribers to the group would not realize, and would thus respond. These types of trolls served as a Shibboleth to identify group insiders. This definition of trolling, considerably narrower than the modern understanding of the term, was considered a positive contribution.[6][8] One of the most notorious AFU trollers, Snopes,[6] went on to create his eponymous urban folklore website.
    By the late 1990s, alt.folklore.urban had such heavy traffic and participation that trolling of this sort was frowned upon. Others expanded the term to include the practice of playing a seriously misinformed or deluded user, even in newsgroups where one was not a regular; these were often attempts at humor rather than provocation. In such contexts, the noun troll usually referred to an act of trolling, rather than to the author.
    [edit]In other languages
    Most languages have adopted the English word "troll" to refer to Internet trolls.[citation needed] In Japanese, arashi (あらし, 荒らし) means "laying waste" and can also be used to refer to simple spamming. In Chinese, the word b�im� (白目), meaning "white eye", is used for individuals who are "mean or hard to get along with".
    [edit]Published research on trolling

Dragging bait through water? IE bumping an old thread? Check. Troll

And yes I fall under the trolling criteria...
    08-12-09 11:24 PM
    nuff said.
    08-13-09 12:11 AM
    here's your "bump" however ignore this thread

bump
    10char
    08-13-09 06:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD