God help us all!!
    03-25-09 05:03 PM
    Chief -

I had someone with a Storm request a police theme of me. I will do one for us 8350ites along with it. It will most likely be around the weekend before I get to it though.
    Thanks Quinn... it appears you are on top of these 8350i themes!

There is a police theme for the 83xx series at BlacksBerry.com and has some nice icons but it is not compatible with the 8350i. Take a look.

Do you need any graphics like a badge, patch, helo pic, etc?
    03-25-09 06:42 PM
    If you have pics that you would like me to use, pm me. I will get you my e-mail and go from there.
    03-25-09 08:10 PM
    Hey Guys,

RIM finally contacted me about the active call screens. Here's a copy of the email they sent. I sent them the information they requested, as well as the files. I'll let everybody know when I find out something else.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support. To help us provide world class customer support, please provide your TSupport Number, ISV Number or Company Name.

Could you please respond with the following information regarding the issue you are experiencing when creating a theme:
    - Does this happen with the device simulator as well as a real device?
    - A screenshot of the issue being seen
    - The device software version of the device and/or simulator that this has happened with (Options > About)
    - A .THM file displaying this issue
    - The image files being used for the phone screens you have specified

Regards,

Garett
    Software Engineering Analyst
    Application Development Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    [email protected]
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone
    03-25-09 08:42 PM
    Hey Guys,

RIM finally contacted me about the active call screens. Here's a copy of the email they sent. I sent them the information they requested, as well as the files. I'll let everybody know when I find out something else.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support. To help us provide world class customer support, please provide your TSupport Number, ISV Number or Company Name.

Could you please respond with the following information regarding the issue you are experiencing when creating a theme:
    - Does this happen with the device simulator as well as a real device?
    - A screenshot of the issue being seen
    - The device software version of the device and/or simulator that this has happened with (Options > About)
    - A .THM file displaying this issue
    - The image files being used for the phone screens you have specified

Regards,

Garett
    [email protected]
    PLEASE let US know WHAT comes OF this!!!
    03-25-09 08:46 PM
    Oh, I will Casp.

I just got the email back today and had to wait until I got home tonight to send them all the info and files they asked for. I hope they can resolve it pretty quickly. I think that they only played with the final release on the simulators, since they didn't seem to know what I was talking about with the issues. Maybe the thm file will help them out if they actually install it on a phone.
    03-25-09 09:00 PM
    lets hope...
    03-25-09 09:01 PM
    This may have been covered somewhere else, and I am sorry if it is redundant. I am trying to make a layoput on my home page layout in Plazmic for the 8350i and it shows a gray bar with the application's title that I cannot get rid of. Can anyone help me on this?

Lots of thanks and you all do great work!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 07:42 AM
    This may have been covered somewhere else, and I am sorry if it is redundant. I am trying to make a layoput on my home page layout in Plazmic for the 8350i and it shows a gray bar with the application's title that I cannot get rid of. Can anyone help me on this?

Lots of thanks and you all do great work!

are you talking about up top where the time and date are, or at the bottom above you homescreen icons?
    03-26-09 07:53 AM
    immediately next to and labeling the home page icons. I have read the plazmic site and tried what thewy rewcommend there, but, as I said, it mentions unselecting a check box for that text, burt I do not see one there.

Thanks for the timely response casper, and for your assistance.

03-26-09 12:01 PM
    immediately next to and labeling the home page icons. I have read the plazmic site and tried what thewy rewcommend there, but, as I said, it mentions unselecting a check box for that text, burt I do not see one there.

no problem....

assuming that you have it open...

you see where you choose the different screens? they go down in order.... choose the second one, now when you have your home icons picked, either the zen or today it dont matter, you will see an option that says "theme extra" click that then uncheck for what ever icon you are using
    03-26-09 12:06 PM
    ~~~~~~~cobra~~~~~~~

hey also let them know that when you already have TB open, that if you click open, then try to click on "desktop" on the left NOTHING HAPPENS.... for any of them. figured i would let you tell them since you have their attention
    03-26-09 12:14 PM
    hey quinn, it would be cool, the dodge truck 1500 ram theme, if it opened up on the homescreen like your other creatiions (bmw). i am excited and i cannot wait
    03-26-09 06:06 PM
    Hey Guys,

Here's the response I got back from RIM on the Theme Builder. It looks like we'll have to just leave the phone screens alone until they come up with another build. Casper, I will send them the info on the desktop issue as well. Apparently, they want people to send the bug reports in to them, according to the reply I got. Here it is:

Hello Frank,

Thanks for providing the thorough information and files!

I have tested this and currently it appears to be a bug with how the themes are created for the device. I have logged this issue with the appropriate team for fix in a future release of Theme Builder however I have no information on when this may be available. Presently there are no known workarounds for this issue.

Again, thanks for letting us know and please send any further Theme-related issues you may experience that appear to be bugs to [email protected].

Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this particular issue at this time.

Regards,

Garett
    [email protected]
    03-26-09 06:33 PM
    i canot find the theme once that i upload the file its not there?
    03-26-09 06:50 PM
    dssva,

I don't understand your question. Where did you upload to? Is it a theme you made, or downloaded from here?
    03-26-09 07:02 PM
    Casper,
    I have unchecked both of the boxes, 'Status Text' and 'Today Area', and the Gray Bar is still there with the text in it. Am I missing something else?
    03-26-09 07:21 PM
    Casper,

I opened theme builder and opened a theme. When I clicked on Open>Desktop, I got the files listed that I have on my desktop. What exactly were you talking about in your post above? When you click on the desktop, it will only list the type of file you have selected. Mine shows the items on my desktop.
    03-26-09 07:29 PM
    larz,

I think I see what you're talking about. Like the post Casper said above, instead, click on the Properties section and clear the checkbox that says "Show Text". This only works for Zen types, not the Today type. I've not been able to clear any of the Today texts. Is it a small icon or a larger icon? The small ones are Today, the larger ones are Zen.
    03-26-09 07:35 PM

Since Casp isn't online I'm going to take a crack at answering this one. Under properties on the second screen (its directly below where you selected your apps for the home screen) you need to change the caret to a transparent background. It is currently set at grey by default. If this isn't clear let me know and I will post a screen shot

Note: This only gets rid of the grey bar not the text
    03-26-09 07:37 PM
    Casper,

I opened theme builder and opened a theme. When I clicked on Open>Desktop, I got the files listed that I have on my desktop. What exactly were you talking about in your post above? When you click on the desktop, it will only list the type of file you have selected. Mine shows the items on my desktop.
    Since Casp isn't online I'm going to take a crack at answering this one. Under properties on the second screen (its directly below where you selected your apps for the home screen) you need to change the caret to a transparent background. It is currently set at grey by default. If this isn't clear let me know and I will post a screen shot

Note: This only gets rid of the grey bar not the text
    sorry krashed, your wrong... cobra

when i already have TB open, when i goto do anything in THAT window, save ope goto a different folder for icons... if i click on say the desktop, my locations does not change.... i was one of THE FIRST people to get the final release though... my version is 4.1.0.18 feb 25

sorry krashed
    03-26-09 09:02 PM
    I'm ok with being wrong but I'm just not sure what I'm wrong about
    03-26-09 09:19 PM
    I'm ok with being wrong but I'm just not sure what I'm wrong about
    when you click file in the upper right hand corner.... just like you were going to save a word doc or something like that....
    03-26-09 09:21 PM
    Ok, but what does that have to do with removing the text for the home screen icons? I think I must have terribly misunderstood the original question.
    03-26-09 09:25 PM
    these here
    03-26-09 09:25 PM
408 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD