I purchased an "unlocked" 8350i that I planned to use in another network. Turns out it is not unlocked is just without a contract. Does anyone know if the 8350i has been cracked? there is a site selling the unlock for $30 but before I loose my money I wanted to know if anyone has unlocked it? thanks.
    06-23-09 03:52 PM
    You would end up loosing your money . So far the 8350i cannot be unlocked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 04:13 PM
    Thanks, wishful thinking I guess.
    06-23-09 04:41 PM
    can you use a 8350i for boost?
    06-23-09 05:34 PM
    jtracy63 if you dont mind what network are you tryin to use it on?
    06-23-09 05:35 PM
    It could be used on boost, but not as a true 'blackberry'. It would require hacks and tricks and you still wouldn't get full blackberry functionality. (Push email, BB messenger, others).

The radio portion of a nextel phone prohibits it from working on others networks short of the 'boost' (prepay nextel) or mexico or canada's nextel networks.
    It will never work for the other major carriers.... never.
    Now, all that being said, you have stumbled on to a decent forum to sell that phone on. Or, perhaps to show you all the great things it's capable of.
    06-23-09 05:53 PM
    I am trying to use it in a small iDEN network in Costa Rica. The same technology Nextel uses but not related.
    06-23-09 06:23 PM
    heckufaguy, the previous Nextel Blackberry model had the DC cracked?
    06-23-09 06:29 PM
    if someone were to unlock the 8350i, you would only be able to use it on an IDEN network. thats just they way the phone is made. you cannot use it on ATT, Verizon, Tmo, Alltel.... or even Sprint.
    06-23-09 09:18 PM
    I am trying to use it in a small iDEN network in Costa Rica. The same technology Nextel uses but not related.
    Because of RIM specific features which make a blackberry what it is, you will not have full functionality just by switching sim cards and getting it to pick up a tower. I'd suggest you call this small Iden network and tell them you'd like to add your phone to it. They'll ask for your PIN. Hopefully the phone is clean and can be used. Now what functionality it'll have on their network is unknown, since not all Iden networks are created equal.
    06-23-09 11:05 PM
    Thanks heckofaguy, I'll give it a shot. The local network only offers DC anyway so it is already limited.
    06-25-09 05:15 PM
    Jtracy..i am in Costa Rica also...and I am having a Blackberry 8350i sent to me..i might be able to help you...send me an email dawilliest(@)aol.com....
    06-29-09 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD