Hello everyone. When I try to call someone on my 8350i it works perfectly if I manually dial the numbers, but if I try to call from my contact book or from the call record it doesn't connect. Instead I get a message saying "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect." It looks like it may be adding a + before the number when it calls from the contacts/call record. Any ideas on fixing this problem?
    04-04-09 04:39 PM
    Hello everyone. When I try to call someone on my 8350i it works perfectly if I manually dial the numbers, but if I try to call from my contact book or from the call record it doesn't connect. Instead I get a message saying "the number or code you have dialed is incorrect." It looks like it may be adding a + before the number when it calls from the contacts/call record. Any ideas on fixing this problem?
    from your main screen hit

green call button
    menu
    options
    smart dialing......

change the +1 to unknown

see if that helps...

also, if you are searching, typing in the name, make sure you are on the number before calling, not the name
    04-04-09 04:46 PM
    just a wild shot in the dark but what OS are you on?
    you can check your applications number by going into options about and post back. i d like to know!
    04-04-09 05:54 PM
    that took care of it. Thanks. I'm using OS v4.6.1.204 btw.
    04-05-09 07:11 PM
    Thanx so much for this great solution!!
    You helped me a lot man!!
    Thanx again!
    04-19-09 02:19 PM
    Smart Dial Problem
    I have a problem,
    BlackBerry 8350i V 4.6.1.204 (plataforma 3.0.0.73)
    Carrier Nextel Mexico
    I live in Cancun (lada area code 998) and work in Playa del Carmen (lada area code 984) my 4.000 contacts on my book.
    Nextel changes each time you travel, to dial as if you where local number when leaving your town, this means that before leaving I have in my contacts 10 digits to call my town and 01 prefix to call other area code whats is bothering me is that every time I change area code traveling I have to re edit my contacts add 01 errase 01.
    The same happens with the local cell is being put to the 044 prefix but if I want to dial coming from another city (which is about 40 minutes away but with a different lada (Area code) and I'm going to work every day, I have to edit the contact and change that is 045 by the cellular outside your city or 01 which is for fixed phones.
    I tryed setting the Smart dial, without success, I call nextel and they told me smart dial only works for changing INTERNATIONAL area code, when you change the country code, not city code, my question is if there gadget or program that places the prefix to a number you dial from your contacts book, and can be edit the code every time you change the city instead of editing the contacts each time, this would help me greatly if someone knows how to do it would be wonderful
    07-03-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD