just wanted to know since i hate waiting for it to take forever?
    02-01-09 01:33 AM
    Here's one set of optimizations: For better performance on wap pages, check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.
    02-01-09 09:13 AM
    that sounds like a definite tip! thanks! working with the iden network, i need all the helpful tips available!
    02-01-09 05:55 PM
    I'm still using the beta for the Bolt Browser. Its a little faster than the BB browser to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 07:12 PM
    hmmm, can't find that option, where is it exactly
    02-01-09 07:25 PM
    The menus vary slightly between OS versions. I don't have an 8350i, so I can't check the exact wording. In the browser, press Menu and select Options / Broswer Configuration. There should be something about "Support Style Sheets."
    02-01-09 07:33 PM
    support style sheets was in my 7100i i think but i cant find it here on this phone. I'm not sure if the update changed that or not though. i havent tried the bolt browser yet. i shall d'load it soon though!
    02-01-09 07:41 PM
    Guys & Gals I need your help. I can't find the browser configure page that had the css and other settings on it. I do remeber it on the 7100i but I thought the 8350i also had it. With upgrading up .112 and back down .83 not sure if something has gotten messed up. Attached below are the screen shots of my browser setting pages that I have found. Could you compare them to yours and see if they're the same ?
    Thanks as always, Alex

Last edited by alex63; 02-01-09 at 09:59 PM.
    02-01-09 09:48 PM
    Mine looks exactly the same as that alex.
    02-01-09 09:58 PM
    whats css? check general properties?
    02-01-09 09:59 PM
    Alex- looks the same as mine and I have .112. which I found out today was not the GREAT "fix" we had hoped for. That fix is to come in the middle of february.

JLJ-go to your web browser, press the blackberry key and select the options key,go to browser configurations and make sure everthing is checked that should make it as fast as it will go. Sorry it can't act like a computer it is a cell phone after all.
    02-01-09 10:02 PM
    Thanks Opus .JLJ & Roland

cascading style sheets, I attached the general properties also now.
    I remember there was these settings but maybe I'm thinking of the 7100i and now they're defaulted in this version of OS. It's not for speed but a problem i'm having with espn speed launcher and they say to make sure that the css is checked.

Here is the email:
    Hello,

I'm sorry our new Mobile Website is not displaying correctly for you.

The ESPN Mobile Web site utilizes some features that are not currently activated on your BlackBerry. For the best experience on your BlackBerry, make sure you have CSS, Tables and images enabled on your device.

To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Push the wheel or the Menu key (to the left of the trackball) and select "Options" from the menu.
    2. Select "Browser Configuration".
    3. Make sure that all of the checkboxes are checked, including support for HTML tables, Style Sheets and any other options for images and/or colors. Set the Style Sheet Media Type to Handheld.
    4. Push the wheel or the Menu key (to the left of the trackball) and choose "Save Options".
    5. Reload the ESPN homepage.
    Last edited by alex63; 02-01-09 at 10:05 PM.
    02-01-09 10:02 PM
    sorry i havent went back but i cant find it on 112
    02-01-09 10:09 PM
    Attached below are the screen shots of my browser setting pages that I have found. Could you compare them to yours and see if they're the same ?

for starters alex, you need to check "support embedded media." That should help!
    02-02-09 07:43 PM
    I had that checked. Trying everything. Thanks though for the suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 08:12 PM
    The browser on the .204 build for the 8350i has *dropped* the "don't use CSS" and "don't render tables" checkboxes, as near as I can see, and that's very close to a "send it back to the store" bug for me.

I almost *never* want all the fancy formatting when I'm reading a website on a screen this small; I want the *information*; this is the whole point of HTML: graceful degradation.

If they've taken this out, and they have no plans to put it back in, they're probably going to get this one back just as fast as they did the Palm Pre it just replaced.

Morons...
    06-29-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD