My external speaker went out of my old 8350i phone and had it replaced by sprint, when I got the new phone it had a few new folders and features that my old BB did not have, when I performed a restore it when right back to the way I had my old 8350i, my ? Is, can I wipe the phone back to out of box setting and get all the new stuff back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 06:42 AM
    what OS does the new one have?
    06-24-09 07:03 AM
    Well I did not look at the OS before I did the restore (Amateur error) but it now reads v4.6.1.204 (platform 3.0.0.73), I was also unaware that you can select what you want to restore in the advanced restore also an amateur error!

06-24-09 02:25 PM
    I made a backup of only my address book. I don't know anyone's number anymore. But yes, you can pick what you want to restore. My CB died first part of the week. Got another refurb and than goodness I had that backup. My dead Berry wouldn't even power up for Nextel to swap contacts out.

06-26-09 11:34 AM
    If your contact ar saved on the sim card they can pull the sim card and copy and transfer to the new sim card. Either that or you can switch the sim card to pull your contacts into the new phone and then replace it back with the new sim card.
    06-26-09 11:39 AM
    Ok I have my contacts, thats not what I am worried about, when I got the new phone it had a few new folders and features that my old BB did not have, The original question I had was, if I did a Wipe would it go back to the way it was when I took it out of the box?!
    07-01-09 02:20 AM
    it should.... what folders are you talking about?

also, before you do the wipe, are they hidden? do you have a user created them running? that can hide some folders also.
    07-01-09 05:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD