has anyone figured out how to open a .wav attachment on an email without downloading it to the phone.

i have all my office voice mails forwarded to my email and every time i try to open a .wav file attachment i get a message saying unknown file type or something like that.

can it be done to open without downloading it to phone.

let me know

P.S. I have tried MP3 and 3GP and still not working.
    Last edited by rinnycoop121; 06-30-09 at 11:57 AM.
    06-30-09 10:55 AM
    When I try fo downloaed one it says file mb is to big for phone. I wonder if there's away to increase the allowed amount

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 11:02 AM
    i figured it out

i donno if this only works for me but after opening an email with a .wav file attached , for instance VONAGE phone service that emails you your voicemails.

i found out they automatically go into the music folder and you can play the file directly from there without downloading the file, just by opening the email.

this is whats going on for me, don;t know about anyone else

pass the word if it works for you also
    07-01-09 11:16 AM
    I wonder if it will work for videos to

07-01-09 06:46 PM
    You should be able to open the file via the "open attachment" command in the menu as you view the email.

Check in applications and see if you have the Blackberry Attachment Service listed.
    07-01-09 06:47 PM
    i do have Blackberry Attachment Service it iwill not allow me to open attachments, i cna go to download them and that is it.
    Last edited by rinnycoop121; 07-02-09 at 01:13 PM.
    07-02-09 01:07 PM
    Still wonder how to incraese the amount of mb you send and recicve

07-02-09 01:34 PM
    You should be able to open the file via the "open attachment" command in the menu as you view the email.

Check in applications and see if you have the Blackberry Attachment Service listed.

when i go to open "open attachment" i get a messagr saying

"This Attchment type cannot be viewed on your device?

why is that? it is a wav file that is emailed to me by vonage when ever somone leaves a voicemail message at my office.
    07-02-09 02:51 PM
    when i go to open "open attachment" i get a messagr saying

"This Attchment type cannot be viewed on your device?

why is that? it is a wav file that is emailed to me by vonage when ever somone leaves a voicemail message at my office.
    You might try resending your service books but from what I've read here some can download\use .wav files on their 8350i and some can't, not sure why. I've been using them since I got the phone in Dec with the first OS it came out with so that may not be the issue.
    07-02-09 03:49 PM
    well service book may be a proble, for me because i am using it for boost not nextel.

i got my email and text working by using modded files here on crackberry, so trying to resend service books would not work for me.
    07-02-09 04:16 PM
    Oh ok, I didn't see the Boost originally. So you probably don't have a BIS then is what you're saying. How do you get your email, I haven't looked at the 8350i Boost threads.
    07-02-09 04:22 PM
    Not knowing how you get your emails, you might try the Gmail mobile app for attachment service.
    07-02-09 05:21 PM
    tale a look at this thread

forums.crackberry.com/f137/boostberry-tutorial-how-get-mms-broswer-email-working-natively-241170/
    07-03-09 09:48 AM
    I saw that yesterday after I was done posting here, you need to find out if anyone else with an identical set up is having the same issue. It almost sounds like it could be inherent in the way you are set up, it says in that thread that you can't send attachments so maybe that holds true for receiving them? If you can receive other attachments then rule that out.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the wav file compatibility itself as well but that seems like more of a stretch. The Gmail Mobile app was a suggestion from someone I was talking to about your situation, they thought it might be worth atry but I have no first hand info on it myself, haven't tried it.

I would PM the author of that thread...he's suggested it for problems, questions etc...
    07-03-09 10:11 AM
    is anyone has everything working using nextell is it possable for them to send over there Service Books?
    07-03-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD